Holy Crap! There is a squirrel leg on my porch!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Corey NC, May 12, 2008.

1. Corey NC

Corey NC Songster

Mar 28, 2007
    North Carolina
    I have no idea how it got there but there is a random squirrel leg sitting on my front porch railing, it's really gross. I don't want to touch and I have no idea how it got there and did I mention it is really gross?

I just hope whatever left it there comes back to get it.

2. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    EWWW ! Good luck with that! Wonder how that happened [​IMG]

3. EllyMae

EllyMae Songster

Got any cats? Maybe it's a present from your cat...lol. It's still gross!

4. Corey NC

Corey NC Songster

Mar 28, 2007
    North Carolina
    My neighbor has cats but could they really do that to a squirrel?

5. My 120 pound dog found a deer carcas somewhere and he is now bringing us parts of it. whenever we take a piece away from him, he goes to get another. Yesterday we got the head. Eyes and all.

6. EllyMae

EllyMae Songster

Quote:I would think so...if they were motivated hunters, lol. My dog even caught a squirrel and dropped it's headless body right behind me(I was sitting on the ground)...Eeeewwww!

7. you guys are SOOOO lucky!! I never get presents like that *pout* you can send any unwanted body parts to me!!!! I will take them happily, and my dermestid beetles would love you forever!!! [​IMG]

8. conny63malies

conny63malies Crowing

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    when i used to have a cat, i always got presents. Tigger dragged those little anoles (anole sagrei) home and put them outside the frontdoor for me. Sometimes he came with a mouse or baby rat. And once he brought a whole bluejay. I wonder from where or which cat he stole that one , cause he was too big and lazy to catch them himself.
    Anyways unless you have a open bill with some mafiosi i wouldnt worry [​IMG] [​IMG]
    getting presents from your cat is a honor.
    maybe the squirrel was injured and/or got runover by a car
    zyklonia, sorry got to make you maybe jealous right now. But i went by an old church that got a total in and outside haul over. they dug everything up and apperantly there was at one time a graveyard surronding this cgurch. they kept on finding bones ,skulls.. i even found a tooth it was gross but yet cool

Last edited: May 12, 2008
  9. sred98

sred98 Songster

Jan 18, 2008
    Oklahoma
    ROFL! I actually got a whole squirrel the other day, minus a leg!!! I wonder if you live close by??[​IMG] I never would have noticed, except when I went to pick it up with a plastic bag, it's bone poked me. YUCK! My cat was bringing me all kinds of "goodies" like that, but lately, he's been helping to support a fox family that lives behind the house. No joke. Scared me to death the first time I saw them together, but Mama Fox loves him...:eek:

Cats are weird creatures. He brings mice, voles, squirrels, birds, snakes, frogs, rabbits and almost another cat! He is watching the chicks very closely...[​IMG] But he loves the ferret...go figure!

Shelly

Last edited: May 12, 2008
  10. Quote:MAN!! I would totally love to find something like that! the closest I ever came, was on a walk in the forest, I came upon a pile of deer carcasses...like 10 - 15 of them. it was kinda freaky, trying to figure out what put them there, just in a pile, not eaten, skinned or anything. all had antlers. I took a whole bunch of parts home with me!!! I was SOOOOO happy!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: