1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Holy huge egg Batman!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by MsBrenda, Jan 14, 2013.

1. MsBrenda

MsBrenda Out Of The Brooder

Jun 3, 2010
    Birnamwood, Wi
    Today's temp is 7 above the zero mark in Fahrenheit and my Easter Egger Hen decided to lay a big one. They started laying eggs only a month ago and all ready popping out biggies. Over 3 inches! What a good girl she is. Wish I could find which hen gave me this nice big egg. You'de think it was a double yoker, but was just one large yoke inside. [​IMG]

2. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    This is the 3rd huge egg I've seen here on BYC in so many days. I'd better go have a chat with my hens [​IMG]. That is quite an impressive one. Did you weigh it?

3. MsBrenda

MsBrenda Out Of The Brooder

Jun 3, 2010
    Birnamwood, Wi
    "Did you weigh it?"
    yes I did! 91 grams or 3 1/4 ounce.

4. carolinachickie

carolinachickie Out Of The Brooder

Jan 2, 2013
    South Carolina
    Wow, now that's an egg!!! lol.

5. JERRY1952

JERRY1952 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 15, 2012
    [​IMG]

We have gotten 2 huge eggs in the last month. I didn't measure or weigh them, but they were huge!! I forgot to take a picture of the second one and it was even larger..... They were both double yokers.... We must have happy girls; they are Barred Rocks and Austroplorps .... [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 14, 2013
  6. Mr MKK FARMS

Mr MKK FARMS Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Sep 27, 2012
    Awesome!!
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by