1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    Not a member yet? join BYC here & then introduce yourself in our community forum here.

Holy Mackrel Batman!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Mr chicken dude, Jun 3, 2010.

1. Mr chicken dude

Mr chicken dude Songster

Nov 7, 2009
    VA
    So last night i go into the coop check for eggs the nesting boxes were empty and the chickens were just hoping up to roost so I locked them all up...Next morning I go out to the coop to make sure they have food and water and check for eggs no eggs...About midday I go out there's four eggs I collected all those then I come out about an hour later there's three more eggs I was then super surprised because I only have 6 hens and I haven't even gotten six from them all in one day before..So I just went out about twenty minutes ago and there WAS TWO MORE!!!!!!

Has anyone else had three hens lay twice in one day before????

I also gave them some treats as a thank you to them....

Collin.

2. nelgkel

nelgkel Songster

Apr 14, 2010
    FL
    [​IMG] cool!! What kind of hens do you have?

3. Mr chicken dude

Mr chicken dude Songster

Nov 7, 2009
    VA
    Quote:We got them for free from a friend of ours,He didn't really know what they were But with all of my research they are bantam Americana's crossed with some breed that I have yet to figure out..... We have four that lay Green/blue eggs and two that lay brown eggs.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: