Holy moley the're peeping and pipping pics on page 2

marytoast

Songster
11 Years
Dec 31, 2008
Carthage, NC
My guinea keets were due to hatch on Sunday have started today! I have 14 eggs (I had to throw away 5 clear ones). There are 5 pips so far. It's just what I needed to cheer me up after a hard day at work.
celebrate.gif

Last edited:
After they get big they run around the yard eating all the pesky insects. They also make me laugh. They chase me down the driveway as if to say DON"T LEAVE US!! Some people eat them but if I feed it I can't eat it. They are all my babies.

Quote:
Oh yeah..., I'd much rather them be chasing after me than for me to have to chase after them!
wee.gif

Wonderful
I'd love to have guineas. The keets are SOOOO cute.
You have them now? How noisy are they really? Do you have neighbors? Do they care about the guinea noise?
Where did you get hatching eggs?
Congrats on the new ones!

The predators got all of mine last summer and fall. I am going to coop them this time at night.
They do get very noisy. I can barley see my neighbors house from my yard. I am not close to anyone and my neighbors have rooosters that crow all the time. I can only hear them when I am outside.
I got the eggs FREE from my neighbor down the road. I stoped to talk to him about his huge flock of guineas. He offered eggs when they started laying. He brought me 19 Easter Sunday.

I am so excited. 8 pips. Lots of peeps but no keets yet. I can hardly do anything for starining into that bator.
pop.gif

2 keets. They are so little and cute. I'll post pics tomorrow. Who knows about the pips now. They are playing soccer with the eggs!

Back
Top Bottom