Holy Moly Cattledog Having Pups Soon>>>> First Litter. (You tube clip)

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by bemba, Aug 22, 2011.

1. bemba

bemba Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2010
    Mary Valley QLD.
    My beautiful girl is having pups [​IMG] She is 47 days preggo today and is getting big now!! Dad is a Rhodesian Ridgeback..... AND yes I have to keep one lol.
    [​IMG]
    This is the mum to be.... such a clever pretty girl [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This is dad.... HANDSOME This mating was not intentional, so just trying to make the best out of a not so perfect situation, they will be gorgeous though.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2011
  2. sunny & the 5 egg layers

sunny & the 5 egg layers Overrun With Chickens

Mar 29, 2011
    [​IMG] What a neat mix! I can't wait to see what the pups will look like! My fingers are crossed everything goes well! [​IMG]

Keep us posted! [​IMG]

3. bemba

Feb 5, 2010
    Mary Valley QLD.
    Thanks sunny, for sharing in my excitment..... I joined a dog forum for advice etc.... so many haters on there..... Really negative people, ANYWAY She has had an ultrasound (when she was 28 days) they could see 4 but very well could be more, she is going to have an x-ray to just check how big the pups are (and if any are breach) AND if she needs a c section so be it [​IMG] CANNOT WAIT TO SEE THEM !! Of course I'll be doing all the resposible things... eg vaccs, mc, worming.... I have found homes for 3 already (one staying here with us) so if she only has 4 (unlikely though) will only need to home one [​IMG] PS This litter was not intetional, we are just trying to make the best of a not so ideal situation, needless to say she will not be mating again.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2011
  4. bemba

Feb 5, 2010
    Mary Valley QLD.
    HOORAY for me [​IMG]

5. guinea fowl galore

guinea fowl galore Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2009
    Australia
    how exciting [​IMG] your girl sure is beautiful. how old is she?
    I also see your from Australia, where abouts?
    Oh I can't wait to see puppy pictures [​IMG]

6. Johndeere96

Johndeere96 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 25, 2011
    Nh
    I would love one of those pups! We had a ridgeback for 14 hrs she had to be put down because of arthritis that was years ago and now I have a 13 yr old cattle dog who is the most protective dog I've ever had

7. OtterCreekRanch

OtterCreekRanch Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 16, 2011
    NE Texas
    Awww our neighbor had some Heeler x Ridgeback dogs a long time ago. They were great dogs. Beautiful too. They even had the ridges. Can't wait to see what color puppies you get!

8. bemba

Feb 5, 2010
    Mary Valley QLD.
    Quote:Thankyou, she is pretty!! I am in QLD, Noosa area (Mary Valley) beautiful rolling hills, very scenic, and you? *forgot to add she is two and a half (on her third heat)*

Last edited: Aug 24, 2011
  9. bemba

Feb 5, 2010
    Mary Valley QLD.
    Quote:Well thats a great age for a ridgeback, (thought it was 14 hrs for a sec LOL) But yes very sad when you have to make that decision, our older girl is Dingo X German Shepherd, she is going on 15, still runs and all but I dread the day she gets past it.

10. bemba

Feb 5, 2010
    Mary Valley QLD.
    Quote:Oh wow, so they looked more like the ridgebacks? Do you remember how big they got?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by