Holy Poop....Pic's added Pg 4....update pg7

Discussion in 'Turkeys' started by Barnyard, Dec 9, 2008.

1. Barnyard

Barnyard Addicted to Quack

Aug 5, 2007
    Southwest Georgia
    I have had a broody quail for not quiet 2 weeks, or so I thought. Well she decided that she no longer wanted to sit on those little bitty eggs. I watched her all day Sunday to see if she was gonna get back on the nest.....nope, she was not having no part of it. Well I went ahead sunday morning and plugged in a bator.....just incase. I love my hovabator!! I plugged it in and only had to turn the dial a tiny bit and is was ready. Oh back to the button.... So Sunday night I put those quail eggs in the bator, I wasn't about to let these eggs go bad, again!! I know I am going to have a staggard hatch, just how stagard I have no clue. I have 2 hens in that same pen and the other hen was still laying in the nest.... [​IMG] Anyway, I get up this morning and check the bator and I find this itty bitty teeny weeny yellow........button baby in there!! I had no idea that some where that close to hatching. I was so excited I had to share....

Edited because I am so excited I can't spell.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2008
  2. wegotchickens

wegotchickens DownSouth D'Uccles & Silkies

Jul 5, 2007
    Sevier County, TN
    Congrat!!!
    You needed more birds [​IMG]

3. BeckyLa

BeckyLa Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    N. Louisiana
    [​IMG] What a great save!!!

I'd love my Hovabator, too, if I could ever get the humidity thing figured out. It just stays too dry in my house.

4. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    [​IMG] Awesome, I hope the new baby is a hen! Good luck with that hatch, I know it's important [​IMG]

5. Barnyard

Aug 5, 2007
    Southwest Georgia
    Yeah I know I did..[​IMG] I haven't had that bator on for over 3 months....ugh!!

6. Barnyard

Aug 5, 2007
    Southwest Georgia
    Quote:Thanks!! I was not about to loose these eggs. I lost about 20 from a button hen last month.....ugh!! They were all fertile and growing to!

7. wegotchickens

Jul 5, 2007
    Sevier County, TN
    Quote:Me neither. Counting down until 1/1/9 when I can fire that baby back up [​IMG]

8. Barnyard

Aug 5, 2007
    Southwest Georgia
    Quote:Thanks.... I am totally surpised at how well the bator is doing. I have it on my backporch that has no heat. We are in the process in closing it in for bedrooms. I haven't had to add water nut 1 time and that is when I turned it on. Humidity is staying around 50%.

9. Barnyard

Aug 5, 2007
    Southwest Georgia
    Quote:Me neither. Counting down until 1/1/9 when I can fire that baby back up [​IMG]

You are so bad.... [​IMG]

10. wegotchickens

Jul 5, 2007
    Sevier County, TN

You are so bad.... [​IMG]

Yeah. That's like the pot calling the kettle black, right? YOU couldn't even wait until next year! [​IMG]

And congrats again, because I know you needed to save the babies!!!

Last edited: Dec 9, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by