Holy you know what, don't ever buy a...

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by BigDaddy'sGurl, Jun 20, 2011.

1. BigDaddy'sGurl

BigDaddy'sGurl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2010
    Wilkesboro NC
    stupid stupid stupid EXO TERRA incubator!!! 2 months ago I found one, new in the box, on Ebay for 150.00. Had all the perks: cabinet style, fan, heats AND cools, Digital display, slide out shelves...the list goes on...

Within 16 days of receipt, it died. No big dramatics, it just died. With a dozen plus showgirl eggs I had basically given my eye teeth to get...so...I contacted the seller on eBay and the manufacturer. The manufacturer, Hagen, Inc. , offered to pay the shipping to exchange it for a new one. I went for it, and received it on or about May 11. It is now June 20th and it died. Again. With showgirl eggs within it again. I ran it over a month before I got the gumption and nerve to try to put eggs in it. Put them in last night. It died today. Won't heat past 90F. Actually, looking at it now, the heat cycle won't come on at all. Moved my eggs to my temperamental LG because what choice do I have? It is still cooling if I turn it down. 150.00 down the tubes. I am so mad right now. [​IMG]

What should I do? Contact the Ebay seller or Hagen again? I don't want a replacement anymore. I will never trust this incubator type again. I am done with this company. [​IMG]

2. jfulcher

jfulcher Chillin' With My Peeps

May 24, 2011
    Tucson, AZ 85712
    I would contact both! Get ur money back, and whatnot else!!!! I would be peeved too!!!!!!!!

3. Frizzle Farmer

Frizzle Farmer Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2011
    Calhan, CO
    Contact the seller and fight until your get your $ back for the incubator and the lost eggs!

4. gaillardia

gaillardia Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2010
    Larkspur, CO
    [​IMG] Sorry to hear about this.

5. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    Quote:I agree!!!

6. BigDaddy'sGurl

Jul 14, 2010
    Wilkesboro NC
    I did message the eBay seller last night. I had messaged them the first time I had a problem and they were willing to refund or exchange, but the manufacturer had responded first so I went with them. The only problem I think I will have is that the seller has a 30 day return policy and that is obviously up. I originally ordered the incubator on April 15. I am so bummed this morning. No longer so angry, just let down. 150.00 is a good chunk of change to me and not all that easy to come by for an incubator with all the other bills we have...if I can't get my money back I'm going to be so disappointed. I told my husband that we have a very expensive and smallish mini fridge now as it still cools down to 40F. [​IMG]

Thanks everyone. [​IMG]

7. BigDaddy'sGurl

Jul 14, 2010
    Wilkesboro NC
    The eBay seller won't help me. Says it's been too long and their return policy stands. I wrote them a nice long email basically telling them how poor their customer service is and how I feel I have been swindled. I also left a follow up feedback explaining how the company doesn't do anything they don't have to to help their customers when they have a problem with their products.

Then I called Hagen, Inc. (manufacturer) and again they are shipping me a new one and picking the broken one up. Want to place bets as to how long the replacement will run before dying?

8. matlock585

matlock585 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2011
    White Bluff, TN
    I'd recommend just selling the new replacement and take the money and buy something with a better rep. Whatever is going wrong with it might be an easy fix for someone that knows what's up. There's not much to an incubator, but I've never used one that cools too.

9. BigDaddy'sGurl

Jul 14, 2010
    Wilkesboro NC
    matlock, the thought did cross my mind...but I'm afraid someone would have the same problem and I would be the bad guy...

10. okiedrifter

okiedrifter Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2011
    I am so sorry my incubator is 20 years old and it has never gave me a minutes problem...I change the wafers every 3 years just because...I hope you have better luck this time...try cheap chicken eggs this time....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by