Home for my Rooster

cmhayes

Hatching
5 Years
Apr 10, 2014
I am in Prince William County Virginia and I desperately need to get rid of my rooster. I'm tired of being chased by him and my neighbors are really tired of him in their yard (he gets out no matter what I do, even though the hens don't) I am willing to give him away free to a good home would love some advice. Thanks!

Sorry to say that there is a glut of roosters looking for new homes, really a buyers market. You can get good breeding/show stock roosters at very low prices. There is never a reason to keep an aggressive roo. I'm told the meanest roosters make the best soup. If anyone takes your rooster that is very likely the way he will end up.

Welcome to BYC. I'm glad you decided to join our flock. You can try listing your rooster on Craigslist or see if the people at your local feed store know anyone who might want him. They might even have a bulletin board that you can advertise him on. Also, you can check with your local 4h. One of the students might be willing to take him. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck in re-homing your rooster.

Welcome to BYC!
frow.gif
We're glad to have you.

Welcome to BYC! Sorry you're having problems with your rooster. Hope you find a new home for him soon!

Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC! Sorry about the problems with your roo, X4 aggressive roos make the best soup.

Back
Top Bottom