Home for sale

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by seedcorn, Oct 23, 2008.

1. seedcorn

seedcorn Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2007
    NE. IN
    My Dad died in March, then Mom died in July (both unexpected), trying to sell their home. I will spare you the trials of local realtors (had one but she wouldn't return phone calls to me or prospective buyers, the other 3 wanted to buy to resell).

[​IMG]

http://www.owners.com/Search/ShowListing.aspx?id=2087225

2. jjthink

jjthink Overrun With Chickens

Jan 17, 2007
    New Jersey
    I'm so very sorry about the loss of your parents. [​IMG]
    JJ

3. robbobbin

robbobbin Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 28, 2007
    Wow-it is nice. I'm drooling! Wish I could...

4. hypnofrogstevie

hypnofrogstevie chick magnet

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    I'm sorry you lost your loved ones. Beautiful house. If only I had the money.

5. jbowyer01

jbowyer01 Just Me!

Aug 29, 2008
    Hogansville, Georgia
    I'm sorry about your loss. I posted your website on a homesteading site that I visit regularly. I hope you dont mind, I just thought it might help a little.

6. what was i thinking

what was i thinking Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2008
    cny ny
    sorry about loss of your parents. what a beautiful place. if that was here in central new york, the price would be at least double. would be a great buy. you shouldn't have trouble selling it. good luck.

7. toletiquesbysam

toletiquesbysam Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2008
    Nebraska
    Seedcorn-
    It's a beautiful home and sorry for the loss of your parents. We just sold our home a few months ago and it's not easy in todays market. So I offer you a few words of advise. You need more pictures, you have 2 pictures of the same garage, I would cut the 2nd picture of the garage and show more of the inside of the house. Craigslist.com is another place to post your listing and they are free.
    If Open House's in your area are common then I would have one as often as possible to allow as many people into the home as you can. Winter is arriving and that really slows down the market so you want to try to get them in as soon as possible.
    Hope this helps, I'd also recommend hgtv.com message boards they have a good real estate board that could help you out with some other suggestions!
    Good Luck! and remember it's justmy2cents!

Last edited: Oct 23, 2008
  8. seedcorn

Apr 25, 2007
    NE. IN
    Quote:NO, I don't mind. In fact, I'm in your debt. Anyone that will forward this on to people will be appreciated by me.

Since I work in sales myself, I'm at a total loss on the local realtors. My cousin is a realtor out west and he can't find me a decent realtor who works that area.

9. MagsC

MagsC Queen Of Clueless

Jul 27, 2008
    Minnesota
    Wow. If I was located in that area it would be perfect! You should be able to find a buyer, though I am not up on how house prices are there.
    I am very sorry about your parents.[​IMG]

10. seedcorn

Apr 25, 2007
    NE. IN
    Interesting area as Dale Hollow Lake is there; so a lot of $1M+ houses that outside $$ owns and then the cheap local market as the local job market doesn't pay as well as other parts of the country. Very few houses in that price range but it's still a little steap for locals while people moving in are afraid because they know they can't buy that much from where they are moving from.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by