Home-made 100% natural soy and paraffin pillar candles

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by LilRalphieRoosmama, Oct 26, 2008.

1. LilRalphieRoosmama

LilRalphieRoosmama Officially Quacked

Oct 15, 2007
    Elyria, OH
    DBF and I are trying to get a candle business going and for the past year, have had pretty good results. I've built a website, with help from another BYC member who has a web hosting business and hope you'll check it out:

www.NorthCoastCandleCompany.com

Our soy container candles are made from all natural soy wax and are bird safe and good for those with allergies. We have over 65 scents and I personally make each soy candle. DBF is the real artist and makes the paraffin pillars.

Our regular customers tell us that our candles are better than *ankee because they smell the whole time you burn them until they are gone, not just halfway.

Here's a list of the new scents we just got and I'm literally drooling as I make them; they smell THAT good:

Raspberry truffle, chestnuts & brown sugar, carrot cake, pumpkin custard spice, hazelnut, cappuccino brulee, apple dumpling, oatmeal raisin cookie, and chocolate covered cherries.

I'll extend a 10% discount (off the price of the candles only) to all BYC members - just email with your order instead of ordering off the website. Please email with any questions too.

Thank you for looking!
    Cindy

2. LilRalphieRoosmama

Oct 15, 2007
    Elyria, OH
    Just wanted to mention that my website has been updated to include cast iron rooster trivets (that we made ourselves!), hatching eggs for jumbo coturnix, button quail, and chickens, and feathers for crafts and fly tying! Please check it out!

3. hoosier

hoosier Chillin' With My Peeps

Is the cinnamon apple more cinnamon or apple scent?

4. LilRalphieRoosmama

Oct 15, 2007
    Elyria, OH
    I think it's more apple, but I could always add more cinnamon oil if you want it stronger. I toned it down because alot of people don't like a strong cinnamon.

Thank you for looking!!

5. vfem

vfem Yoga...The Chicken Pose

Aug 4, 2008
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    Cute candles... have you thought about making candles that are marbled and resemble the quail eggs? That would be cool!

I also wanted to suggest you look into selling on Etsy.com I bet it will increase your sites traffic. Plus, they get really busy over there at Christmas. Check out the site... PM me if you need any help setting up shop. Its easier then ebay and WAY cheaper with no bidding like enviroment at all.

6. LilRalphieRoosmama

Oct 15, 2007
    Elyria, OH
    Thank you! I've never heard of that site but I'll definitely check it out. We're trying to find some chicken molds, and I'll look for egg molds too. Thanks for the ideas!!

7. hoosier

Nice candles. I refuse to buy the ones made in China.

8. LilRalphieRoosmama

Oct 15, 2007
    Elyria, OH
    And so you should! They are cheap crap with crooked wicks and no scent...that's why we started making our own!

9. hoosier

Do you use the USPS flat rate boxes? If so, how may can you fit into one? I think I was looking at the 10 oz ones.
    Thanks

10. LilRalphieRoosmama

Oct 15, 2007
    Elyria, OH
    Yes, if I'm sending alot I use the flat rate boxes. In the $9.80 box I could probably fit 5 of the $10 jar candles. Six if I push it but that would be tight. 4 definitely without a problem.

We have a craft show this Saturday so I have a bunch already made up. If there's anything specific you are looking for, let me know and I can hold them out for you and mail them on Monday so you get them before Thanksgiving. Otherwise, need to allow two days to make (one to make and one to cure), and two days to ship.

Thanks (and thanks for bumping it up!!)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by