Home Made Bator Pics

gmc

Songster
12 Years
Nov 24, 2007
Clay City, KY
I set 20 eggs Sunday in this little bator. Appears to be working fine, I have the computer fan inside wired to kick off with light. I noticed that once the light kicked off everything cooled down too quick so the light was running 90% of the time. It only runs a little over half now without much heat layering in the down time. I also mounted my thermostat (water heater) with the back (thermocouple side) facing the heat as opposed to mounting it to the insulated wall of the bator. You can also see that all the components are under the wire basket with access from the side.

The wiggler seems to love it so far. The eggs are Rocks/ RIR cross and one EE that guy brought in from work. Pics for your viewing pleasure.

Inside.jpg

inside2.jpg

outside.jpg

Last edited:
I have made a hatcher very similer...so please tell me how your hatch goes and how the babies do in the temps that go up and down like that. I know mine when to 104 and then back down to 94!
Keep me updated this will be interesting.
When are they due??

tongue.png

Nice job there building your bator but those temp readings are scarey. 104.2 for air temp?

What is the temp from the probe in the wiggler?

The accurite therm in the back is junk, only using it for humidity. The dial mounted on the outside with probe sticking thru ranges from 101 to 91. The wiggler temp with the dial therm is right on. I have two accurites that can't be trusted, I can only hope that the humidity ga. is accurate.

Quote:
Best I can tell the wiggler has a range of 1.5 degree, 98.5 to 100 as the temp. cycles over 12 mins. "up time" on the light then "down time". It hard to see in the photo because its taken at a slight angle. That's where the digital is better but I can't get accurate temp. readings with the others. The dials are certified for accuracy.

Quote:
I will certanly keep you posted. What was your experience? There is temp. flucuations but I'm counting on the avg. here holding the wiggler at some hatchable temp.. The fan in the bottom blows into the 40 watt bulb during the up time circulating heat into the top.

Not sure yet when there due, haven't done the math yet.

caf.gif

The water wiggler is for the probe thats attached to the hygrometer. the inside of the wiggler is like the inside of the egg. So it measures the temp inside the egg.

When used with a probe thermometer the wiggler mimics the temps inside the eggs so you can best regulate and maintain for a good hatch.

Back
Top Bottom