Home Mixed Feed

donniedarko

In the Brooder
9 Years
May 19, 2010
Hi All,

I just wanted to touchbase and see if anyone out there mixes there own feed for a small flock of ducks?

Currently I buy duck grower finisher at the local feed store, but its been hit and miss for what they have in stock. Also, the price has risen up to $22.00 a bag. A little steep from where it was 2-3 years ago, not complaining, but it does make me question what other options are available when coupled with an inconsistent supply.

I have the ability to buy a large variety of Chicken feed, oats, wheat, corn ect... So I was looking for how I might be able to mix my own feed.

Hi Miss Lydia,

I took a look at both links but I wasn't able to find any mixing values or ratios.

Hi Miss Lydia,

I took a look at both links but I wasn't able to find any mixing values or ratios.
I'm sorry Celtic has changed her website and I couldn't find it either. What i am doing is buying wheat, whole oats 7way scratch, split peas and mixing it in a large tote, I use Flock Raiser for my reg feed, I mix the grains and feed half and half and feed, keeping my FR separate till mixed. I can't give you ratios but I'm sure someone can just have to find out who, I'll see what i can find out. you may find some info here..
http://cottage_rose_birdsnblossoms.webs.com/tipsonraisingwaterfowl.htm

Last edited:
I'm sorry Celtic has changed her website and I couldn't find it either. What i am doing is buying wheat, whole oats 7way scratch, split peas and mixing it in a large tote, I use Flock Raiser for my reg feed, I mix the grains and feed half and half and feed, keeping my FR separate till mixed. I can't give you ratios but I'm sure someone can just have to find out who, I'll see what i can find out. you may find some info here..
http://cottage_rose_birdsnblossoms.webs.com/tipsonraisingwaterfowl.htm

Here I am again with another silly question. The only split peas I know about are those you use to make soup out of, is this what you are talking about?

Here I am again with another silly question. The only split peas I know about are those you use to make soup out of, is this what you are talking about?
Yes I haven't been able to find them in large quantities I just buy them at the grocery store make sure it's split peas[little green ones] I'm sure you probably know this but they also like frozen peas thawed in some water makes a great treat. and it's not a silly question.

Back
Top Bottom