1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Home needed for Pekin found in Indianapolis.

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by JoMWy, Mar 6, 2015.

1. JoMWy

JoMWy Out Of The Brooder

Jun 9, 2012
    Indy
    I'm picking up a Pekin today that was found wandering a neighborhood. I'M told it's very friendly, was not afraid of humans, and likes to be pet. I'm going to see if he/she will integrate with the other Pekins on my neighborhood pond. But, it sounds very domesticated. I'm told it slept under a blanket last night. Anyone near Indianapolis interested. I'm willing to drive a couple hours.

2. JoMWy

JoMWy Out Of The Brooder

Jun 9, 2012
    Indy
    [​IMG]

3. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    How precious and probably someones pet either walked away from someone home or someone dumped him/her. Please go here and talk to your fellow state members

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/730582/indiana-bycers-here/38500 Don't put up and ad just tell them this story since we're not suppose to advertize or rehome or sell anywhere other than the Buy Sell Trade thread or the rehoming thread , you could also put the duck on the rehoming thread too. Do they know if it's male or female?

4. LisaKC

LisaKC New Egg

Sep 15, 2014
    Tolland, Ct
    My Pekin just past away yesterday. If I was not 12 hours away and knew if it was a female I'd take it in a heartbeat

5. Amiga

Amiga Overrun with Runners Premium Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Southern New England
    Does it quack loudly? Or kind of whisper?

6. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Very sorry for your loss. What about majestic water fowl they might have a duck for adoption Amiga could probably give you more info.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2015

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by