1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Home of the 2009 National Champion Serama!!!!

Discussion in 'Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups' started by briarpatchfarms, Nov 14, 2009.

1. briarpatchfarms

briarpatchfarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2008
    Grayson, Ky
    Well just got back to the motel from the Ohio National show!!!! Home of the national Serama Meet! There was a great turn out, I got to meet all the big time breeders, Dianne, Jerry, Grady and so many more! Have to say everyone was really nice and very informative! I took reserve grand champion Hen of the Jr. Show. Grady Taylor took both National Champion and Reserve National champion of show! I had the luckiest day though my grandmother asked if he would sell his National champion or Reserve National champion Serama and he said that he already sold the champion but he would sell me the Reserve National Champion! I got so tickled So now Briarpatch Farms officially owns the 2009 Reserve National Champion Serama "Troubadour", so watch for him on the SCNA website! I will get photos ASAP!

Last edited: Nov 17, 2009
  2. catwalk

catwalk Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2009
    Wow, congratulations! The SCNA plans on having a youth mentorship program next year, as well as scholorships! I hope to see you around a lot next year at shows!

3. briarpatchfarms

Jul 24, 2008
    Grayson, Ky
    Quote:I have a few ideas for the youth program Im going to run by Dianne when I talk to her this week!! Hope they really take it into thought but well see!

4. LilRalphieRoosmama

LilRalphieRoosmama Officially Quacked

Oct 15, 2007
    Elyria, OH
    Congrats!!!! Wish I could have made it!

5. AkTomboy

AkTomboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2009
    DJ, Alaska
    How cool! Congrats![​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. High Roost Ranch

High Roost Ranch The Chicken Whisperer

Congrats on your wins and sounds like it was a G R E A T show.

7. BluegrassSeramas

BluegrassSeramas Serama Savvy

Aug 25, 2008
    Central Kentucky
    Here are the pics that I have!

Tyler's new bird!!
    [​IMG]

Ty and Grady
    [​IMG]

Ty and his new roo!
    [​IMG]

Ty's bird on the show table
    [​IMG]

Congrats Tyler!! Um...have I told you how jealous I am yet? lol
    We are SOOO happy for you!!!!!

8. briarpatchfarms

Jul 24, 2008
    Grayson, Ky
    Well have him in with a hen that took jr reserve hen at the national meet! I just added a pullet with him that just started laying today! So chicks will be here very soon! Also jessi Dianne shipping my pair out either this week or next!

9. BluegrassSeramas

BluegrassSeramas Serama Savvy

Aug 25, 2008
    Central Kentucky
    We are going to need pics when they get here!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by