1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Home page is stuck again

Discussion in 'BYC Website & Forum Feedback & Announcements' started by aoxa, Sep 28, 2012.

1. aoxa

aoxa Overrun With Chickens

This has happened before.. Not sure what's going on. :/

I often return to my profile to see if anything I recently replied to has been active, but nothing is updating.

Last time it was my own fault, I fooled with the settings. This time I haven't touched a thing. Still using everything exactly the way I always do.

2. TAMMACLEAN

TAMMACLEAN Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2012
    Maine
    I am not sure if it's just me or what but it's the thrid time I've noticed it. the home page seems to be stuck. No new threads or anything popping up. Is it just me???

3. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    Would it be possible for you to get a screen shot of the issue so we can assist you further? Which part of the home page is not updating for you?

4. Mtn Laurel

Mtn Laurel Chillin' With My Peeps

May 18, 2012
    Northern Virginia
    My Coop
    I've got the same thing going on and it happens about once or twice a week. Thought it was an across-the-board issue but see now that maybe not everyone is impacted. Top thread on the home page I'm looking at is "Mealworm Farming". Been the top thread all morning.

5. McGobs

McGobs Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2012
    Same thing with me. The forum update thing on the front page is frozen. The Mealworm Farming thread has been at the top all day for me as well.

6. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    What browsers are you all using?

Is it the most recent version?

Have you tried another browser?

7. TAMMACLEAN

TAMMACLEAN Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2012
    Maine
    I am using Internet Explorer 9. I haven't tried any other browser yet. It is the same as the others said, the top pictures are moving but it's been stuck on meal worm farming all day.

8. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

We've escalated this to the engineers to fix, thanks for reporting!

9. Thomas423

Thomas423 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2009
    Port Deposit, MD
    My current activity is showing new posts in threads that I have replied to in the past but I replied to a thread today and it is not showing at all in my current activity.
    Here is the thread where I replied:
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/63745/maryland-thread/440

Just want to say that I was not happy about the change in forum at first but I have come to like it.
    Current activity is probably my favorite feature. :)

10. Thomas423

Thomas423 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2009
    Port Deposit, MD
    This post did not show in my profile either.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by