homeless flock

Lighthear

In the Brooder
9 Years
Aug 30, 2010
Elkhorn, WI
Hi all,
My name is Terri and I live in WI. A friend of mine found a flock of 4 Sebrights (when & 3 chicks) 2 bantam ameracaunas & 1 Dominique roo. Turns out nobody in the neighborhood owns them or is caring for them. I have 30 chickens and want to help rescue this lovely flock. I don't want them for my own but want to get them to a loving home. We were able to capture 3. The rest are still running free. Any great ideas on how to capture feral/ lost chickens?
Terri

If you can find where they are roosting at night, you may be able to pluck them up then. If not, I'd start feeding them, bringing the feed closer and closer to an enclosure. Even a few at a time would be progress.

It worked! My friend found where they roost and was able to get the other 4! I'm getting them this morning. Now the problem is what to do with them. I really don't want 7 more bantam chickens
Terri

I am sure you could find a good home for them somewhere, especially if they are bantam. Are you going to put them on BYC? You could try posting ads on the internet, or asking farm sanctuaries. They are usually the ones that end up taking in feral chickens, and they would be safe from getting eaten there.

Back
Top Bottom