Homemade bator on lockdown. Hatch tomorrow.

kajhurley

Songster
9 Years
Jun 18, 2010
Cooper, TX
Hoping to hatch out these eggs in this homemade incubator i built.

60969_incubator_on_lockdown_49_coturnix.jpg

Good luck on your hatch! Your 'bator looks cool! You've ended like a mystery novel
gig.gif
ya got tell us more! How many eggs will it hold? What is your material list? We need plans and how long it took you to build. What would have done different? How do you control humidity? Don't leave hanging...tell us about your cool, very nice looking bator!
thumbsup.gif

Material list....

1. 1 sheet of 5/8 plywood
2. 2 Boxes of hardwood flooring
3. Timmed in things i had laying around. Spray painted black.
4. Computer cabinet 4 inch 120v fan up top
5. Computer fan 3 inch 12 volt on bottom
6. Two light fixtures. (top is a 40w and bottom is a 90 w) Just wanted the 40w for light up top
7. 3/4 in pvc for turners and 1/2 X 1/2 wire bent to make quail egg trays.
8. Hot water Heater thermostat
9. Heating element out of a styrofoam incubator up top as well

Took about 3 days of after work to complete. Would say around 15 hours.

If i had to do it over again i would have made it to where the whole front opens like on a sportsman. Will be building a seperate hatcher this way. Maintains fairly well temps and humidity.

Quote:
Thanks for adding your mat'l list. Great idea with fans at the top and bottom, no hot or cold spots that way. Do you control the temps by the lights connected to the H2O thermostat? Could you go more on your turner/egg holder set-up? And one last question, how many eggs? Thanks for your patience, your project is one of the coolest/nicest homemade bators I've seen! (trying to reverse engineer it
wink.png
with your permission)

It can hold around 1000 quail eggs and i don't know how many chickens. My turners are about the same as everyone else has on here that are made out of pvc pipe. Have an arm that goes out to a handle that i turn the eggs with.

Back
Top Bottom