homemade bator therm wiring question.

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by willheveland, Feb 25, 2008.

1. willheveland

willheveland Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 29, 2008
    southern tier,NY
    I'm building a homemade bator and having trouble trying to figure out how to wire in the thermostat.I read the instructions that some have posted but they aren't really clear to me.My light works fine I just need to know how to wire from light(copper|silver terminals) to therm (1/2 terminals)
    thank you Will
    [​IMG]

2. Layin Eggs

Layin Eggs Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 4, 2007
    South Eastern, MA
    you need to cut one of the wires going to the lite, then put each of those ends onto the thermostat terminals. that extra wire you have coming off the bulb going towards the thermostat will be discarded.

hope this helps

bob

3. tiki244

tiki244 Flock Mistress

Jan 1, 2008
    WestCentralWisconsin
    my $0.02 is:

Picture the wire as making a big loop starting at the cord that you plug in the wall (it has 2 wires in it)

wall plug in to one wire on cord-
    one wire from cord goes to the light bulb-
    wire from light bulb to thermostat-
    wire from thermostat back to to cord-
    cord to other wire in wall plug in

so you have a completed circle back to plug in with all the parts connected once in that loop (like a christmas tree string of lights)

and thats what I say too very confusing

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 25, 2008
  4. willheveland

willheveland Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 29, 2008
    southern tier,NY
    thank you bob and kris, you guys explained it well.i think i got it now.i guess i wasn't thinking both wires on the stat were hot.for some reason i thought that one would be common one hot.i been tripping my breakers going nuts.now i just got to get the temp in the cooler high enough to try the stat out. thanks again will

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by