Homemade BB gun carrying case? And a couple more questions on BB gun

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by sunny & the 5 egg layers, Dec 11, 2011.

1. sunny & the 5 egg layers

sunny & the 5 egg layers Overrun With Chickens

Mar 29, 2011
    I want to make a homemade carrying case for my BB gun rifle. Does anybody have any idea on what I can make it out of? It is basically just so that I can protect it and it will also help me carry my BB gun too. I also want to know the proper way to wash and clean my gun. And what oil do you use when you oil your gun? Would 3 in 1 oil be okay?
    Thank you in advance, [​IMG]

2. OldGuy43

OldGuy43 Chillin' With My Peeps

What do you want out of the case. Long term or one time use. As for cleaning it depends on what kind of gun you have. One thing for sure, do not use to much oil in the bore. It'll make the bore sticky.

3. sunny & the 5 egg layers

Mar 29, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2011
  4. thekid

thekid Chillin' With My Peeps

You want to take care of a bb gun? I never cleaned my bb gun, just get a pistol or something [​IMG]

5. sunny & the 5 egg layers

Mar 29, 2011
    Quote:[​IMG] Yes, I want to take care of my BB gun. I have had it for about a year. I have never cleaned it yet but I think it is about time. [​IMG]

6. OldGuy43

OldGuy43 Chillin' With My Peeps

7. SillyChicken

SillyChicken Overrun With Chickens

Jan 12, 2010
    sunny & the 5 egg layers :

I want to make a homemade carrying case for my BB gun rifle. Does anybody have any idea on what I can make it out of? It is basically just so that I can protect it and it will also help me carry my BB gun too. I also want to know the proper way to wash and clean my gun. And what oil do you use when you oil your gun? Would 3 in 1 oil be okay?
    Thank you in advance, [​IMG]

My grandfather made a gun case for a rifle out of pine and plywood. He used a window clasp to close the box, and regular hinges you can get at a hardware store. there are a couple boards inside that are lined with a velvity felt to protect the gun. The case is still holding the gun today so it will stand the test of time (I inherited it). If I remember I'll take a photo of it to give you some ideas... it's really basic.

If you make it big enough, you can reuse it later for a shotgun or rifle when you get older.

I think I'd stay away from 3 n1 oil it's kinda thick and could get sticky (attract dust n dirt) I use wd40 or Remington spray oil. Since the bb gun doesn't have powder residue to worry about cleaning solvents etc, you need oil mostly for lubrication and rust protection. The daisy cleaning kit would proably be a good idea to look into.

I think it's great that you want to properly take care of your BB gun, it should last along time and, maybe something to hand down to your own kids some day. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by