homemade cabinet incubators

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by lemondsm, Oct 3, 2011.

1. lemondsm

lemondsm Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 9, 2010
    Yulee, FL
    I wanted to get some opinions from those of you that built your own homemade cabinet incubators. I am especially interested in those built out of wood but would like any feedback. I have a homemade styrofoam incubator that does well but I am limited to the amount of eggs I can set and there isn't enough room for a turner. I don't have the money right now to invest in one of the large cabinet incubators but I do have plenty of plywood and other materials available. Please include details about your incubator as well as what kind of success you are having. Thank you

2. DMRippy

DMRippy Pallet Queen Premium Member

May 18, 2011
    Nashville
    Check out my page below. I made one out of a cabinet. First hatch 28/31 second hatch 13/14 so I have a very good hatch with mine. Didn't cost much. The hatcher might be more what you would want to make and it works perfect! Holds temps better than the incubator. Don't forget to put weather striping around the doors.

Good luck!

3. lemondsm

Aug 9, 2010
    Yulee, FL
    Thank you for the advice. Great page and photos.

4. DMRippy

DMRippy Pallet Queen Premium Member

May 18, 2011
    Nashville
    Thanks and Good luck! I would like to see more replies since I will be building a new one soon.

5. lemondsm

Aug 9, 2010
    Yulee, FL
    Me too. It is always to get a variety of opinions and feedback. Thanks again.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by