homemade candling box?

Angie..........

I made mine out of some scrap 3/4" plywood. I bought a light bulb base at the hardware store and wired it. Then I cut a square of wood a little bit larger than the diameter of the bulb base and screwed the base to it. I then cut four pieces, to form the sides, wide enough to go around the base. A piece was cut to cover the entire top. Then nailed the sides and top together (it will sit over the base) I drilled a small hole, about 1" in the center of the top.
Some folks have used metal cans, etc. I guess that really any container would work. I just had the plywood available.
Dick

I use a bedside lamp... I cut a piece of cardboard larger than the top of the lampshade and cut a quarter sized hole in that. I use a towel or something to wrap around the lamp so light only escapes through the little hole in the cardboard. And I use one of those energy efficient cool bulbs in the lamp. Finally someplace to use those annoying little corkscrew lightbulbs!

super easy for us

If you are any friends or family members have an old slide projector with a working bulb, that is wonderful. It's what I use. Here are mine, one old and one ancient, LOL.
DCP_8904.jpg

DCP_5182CandlerProjector.jpg

Back
Top Bottom