1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

Homemade "cure" needed....daughter has a wart on her foot.....

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by chicks4kids, Jul 11, 2010.

1. chicks4kids

chicks4kids Songster

Apr 22, 2009
    Northern Indiana
    Well my daughter just showed me a spot on the bottom of her foot and hubby says it's a wart. So I did a google search on homemade remedies for wart removal. Of course google offered me 40 million different homemade solutions, but who wants to spend weeks on something that may or may not work? Not me. And the wart is right on the ball of her foot.....ouch.....

So, without anymore thought of googling, I'm turning to you guys..................do you have any tried and true tinctures, concoctions, remedies, salves, etc. to help get rid of this wart on her foot??

Thanks for any help you can offer!!

2. LovinMyPeeps

LovinMyPeeps Sees Wine Dots

Mar 22, 2009
    Heuvelton, NY
    Quote:This is going to sound odd, but duct tape... by creating an anaerobic environment it kills the virus.

3. ChickFarmer

ChickFarmer In the Brooder

May 22, 2010
    They sell at home wart freezing kits at the store works great and much cheaper that multiple trips to the dermatologist. In the mean time clear nailpolish painted on daily will keep it from spreading, and bleach the bottoms of your showers/bathtubs.

4. 1mommahen

1mommahen Love My Cluckin' Coop

Mar 20, 2008
    NJ
    Quote:This is going to sound odd, but duct tape... by creating an anaerobic environment it kills the virus.

Exactly what I was going to say![​IMG]

5. sgtmom52

sgtmom52 Birds & Bees

Sounds like it could be a Plantar Wart

[​IMG]

Prevention and treatment

Because plantar warts are spread by contact with moist walking surfaces, they can be prevented by not walking barefoot in public areas such as showers or communal changing rooms, not sharing shoes and socks, and avoiding direct contact with warts on other parts of the body or on other people. Humans build immunity with age, so infection is less common among adults than children.

Once a person is infected, there is no evidence that any treatment eliminates HPV infection or decreases infectivity, and warts may recur after treatment because of activation of latent virus present in healthy skin adjacent to the lesion. There is currently no vaccine for these types of the virus[dubious – discuss][citation needed]. However, treatments are sometimes effective at addressing symptoms and causing remission (inactivity) of the virus.

The treatment that will be effective in a particular case is highly variable. The most comprehensive medical review found that no treatment method was more than 73% effective and using a placebo had a 27% average success rate.

Some treatments that have been found to be effective include:
    First-line therapy Over the counter - salicylic acid
    ie "Compound W"
    Second-line therapy Cryosurgery, intralesional immunotherapy, or pulsed dye laser therapy
    Third-line therapy Bleomycin, surgical excision​

6. BlackBart

BlackBart Songster

Mar 29, 2009
    plain old Bayer aspirin on a band-aid with a drop of water, leave it on until the wart disintegrates
    or
    the coast Salish Natives swear by slug slime.......hhmmm

I would go with a aspirin [​IMG]

7. Damummis

Damummis Chickenista

Apr 29, 2009
    Mid-Coast
    I swear by vitamin E.
    Had tons of warts when I was a kid. Vitamin E every day works!!!

8. sgtmom52

sgtmom52 Birds & Bees

Quote:Aspirin = acetylsalicylic acid.

9. cassie

cassie Crowing

Mar 19, 2009
    If it is truly a wart, the old wives tales work as well as anything. It doesn't matter what you do or use as long as you think it will work. I used to get rid of mine by burying a penny.

10. booker81

booker81 Redneck Tech Girl

Apr 18, 2010
    Mid-MI
    I had them before - a LOT of them at once- the doctor burned off the biggest one with the cryo thing, and then advised to crush aspirin to a paste, slap that on thick and cover with a bandage.

I'd start with the aspirin paste, and if it doesn't go away, get one of the home freezing kits. An aspirin is mighty cheap, probably in your house, safe , painless and usually works well [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by