homemade duck diaper

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by luskylove, Sep 12, 2016.

1. luskylove

luskylove Just Hatched

Sep 7, 2016
    West Virginia
    I need help, tonight I heard coyote's outside about 200 ft from my house. I have a khaki campbell duck who stay's outside and usually sleeps on my porch. When I heard the coyote's I brought him inside because I was scared they were after him since I have never heard them anytime before. I need help or opinions on making a homemade duck diaper that is quick and relevantly easy. I have ordered a harness/diaper for him, but probably wont be here for a few more days. Can anybody help?

2. blairctchickens

blairctchickens Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2016
    North East Kansas
    Every day I look at peoples threads, and the questions asked and problems that need to be solved and it amazes me. But I did not know until now that a duck diaper existed.[​IMG] (LOL, No offence) I attached a Pintrest link below to help.

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/353673376958643634/

3. Amiga

Amiga Overrun with Runners Premium Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Southern New England
    How are things going? I had not seen this thread before tonight.
    @luskylove

4. luskylove

luskylove Just Hatched

Sep 7, 2016
    West Virginia

Unfortunately I lost my baby over the weekend [​IMG] he was outside enjoying the day while I wasn't home and when I came back home he was gone. He never left my porch or the yard so I am assuming a stupid coyote got him. I am so heartbroken and can't help but blame myself. He was staying inside during the night. He was my baby, and I honestly don't know if I will be getting another duck :(

5. blairctchickens

blairctchickens Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2016
    North East Kansas
    Man sorry to hear that. [​IMG]Sounds like you need to make that coyote know who boss! [​IMG]Hope for the best in your next duck adventure.[​IMG]

6. Jpg1961

Jpg1961 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2016
    NE Pennsilvania
    Sorry to hear about your loss I also lost my little sweetheart I am also heartbroken but I have four uthers to get me threw it do yourself a favor and get yourself another duck you won't regret it

7. Amiga

Amiga Overrun with Runners Premium Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Southern New England
    [​IMG]

Now you know the security system needs to be in place, if you are willing to do that, then there surely will be another duck - a rescue? That needs a safe, loving home.

There are people on the Duck Forum who can help you design a simple, effective setup.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by