1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Homemade egg turner???

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by jay1995, Feb 21, 2009.

1. jay1995

jay1995 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2009
    St. Augustine, Florida
    Anyone have advice on how to make an auto egg turner? I would like to make a bator out of my fridge and make it good quality. And not have to turn the eggs by hand. So any advice is welcome. I want to have it set to turn its self evry few hours. Thanks.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2009
  2. blackrooster

blackrooster Out Of The Brooder

Feb 1, 2009
    ky
    hi

3. jay1995

jay1995 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2009
    St. Augustine, Florida
    hi

Last edited: Feb 21, 2009
  4. HappyHatch'en

HappyHatch'en Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2009
    GEORGIA
    Check earlier post in the archives...under making incubators....I'd give the thread but don't know how to do it. There are many ways...using a egg carton, pvc pipe....they do however need to be moved 45 degrees rest and moved to the opposite 45....very important the first 7 days....There are many post old and new....this problem is being worked on by at least 2 dozen people here....just keep searching and reading.....Wlecome [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] Jay1995
    HappyHatch'en

5. Teresaann24

Teresaann24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2008
    Eastern, Kentucky
    I wonder...if you could convert into a homemade bator like a foos ball game (If I spelled that right) and turn the eggs from the outside like a roaster but not all around just side to side? IDK just my mind thinking..LOL

6. rebelcowboysnb

rebelcowboysnb Confederate Money Farm Premium Member

Pivoting trays a power antana an a light timer. I just use foam bator turners in my fridge incubator but I have thought it threw.
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by