1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Homemade Feeders & Waterers Got Pics?!!!!!

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by CoyoteMagic, Jul 29, 2007.

1. CoyoteMagic

CoyoteMagic RIP ?-2014

We could all spend an arm and a couple of legs on chicken "supplies" like feeders, waterers, and such.

What have you made to take care of your chicken besides your coop?

2. mdbucks

mdbucks Cooped Up

Jul 14, 2007
    EXIT 109 on 95
    The feeder is a gravity feed holds about 75 lbs of feed, used to be a onion/potatoe bin that I got at an auction for couple bucks. The other two bins hold oyster shell and grit.

[​IMG]

this is my coop, made of 1x10 pine also bought at auction, after looking I should have cleaned up a bit before taking pics

[​IMG]

these are nesting boxes mad out of kitchen cabinets laid on thier side can get eggs from in or outside of coop area, bags in top row because I only have couple of pullets laying right now.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 29, 2007
  3. TitiBebbs

TitiBebbs Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2007
    I don't have a picture of my homemade feeder, but I used a 3 lb. coffee tin and a standard cake pan (Dollar store) 3 2 in. elbow brackets, and small carraige bolts. I'l try to post a picture of it in the AM. It was super simple and it is easy to fill since it take one can of feed. Plus it doesn't sit with tons of food in it for long periods so it stays cleaner.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by