Homemade powdered laundry soap

I made this in the past and unfortunately it wasn't working out for my family. It wasn't getting the clothes clean and they always came out looking dingey. I ended up using it as a laundry booster and it was GREAT for that but to use it in place of the detergent just wasn't working for us. I have three young boys and a husband in construction so we really need CLEAN.

I made this in the past and unfortunately it wasn't working out for my family. It wasn't getting the clothes clean and they always came out looking dingey. I ended up using it as a laundry booster and it was GREAT for that but to use it in place of the detergent just wasn't working for us. I have three young boys and a husband in construction so we really need CLEAN.
I started using 5 bars of the soap also. Does help with the tougher stains.

I use a homemade liquid (it’s more like a gel, actually) made with grated laundry soap, borax, washing soda, and water. It works great for me, but DH buys his own to get his (very dirty) clothes cleaner. He is a carpenter and his clothes get dirty every day. I garden but somehow don’t bring in as much dirt!

I use a recipe similar to this one. I use borax, washing soda, baking soda, 2 bars of Naptha & 2 bars of Zote. My recipe lasts me around 6 months or so and I wash almost every day. I use the oxi if needed, and I do use the crystals but I don't add them to all my loads, so I would rather not have them already mixed with my laundry soap.

Back
Top Bottom