Homemade swap?

Discussion in 'Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups' started by Bettacreek, Oct 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bettacreek

Bettacreek Overrun With Chickens

Jan 7, 2009
    Central Pennsyltucky
    I'm wondering if anyone is interested in a homemade swap? Stuff like soaps, candles, candy, homemade jams, sewing, crochet, etc. Anything that would be easy to ship, wouldn't expire, and, of course, would be homemade, could be included. It would probably have to go based on a worth type of thing (like $10 final value or something similar). Ingredients would have to be listed, but not actual recipes if you'd rather not reveal your secret recipes. Anyone in, or have ideas/suggestions?

2. chicken stalker

chicken stalker TOS Rocks!

Aug 31, 2008
    Binghamton, NY
    oooh love homemade things. I'll do it.

3. baldie

baldie Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 25, 2008
    Douglas, MA
    Hmmm, sounds like fun. [​IMG]

4. HBuehler

HBuehler Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2009
    Lebanon TN
    You know this sounds like a great idea with the Holidays coming up..some of us are short on cash and homemade gifts are great..unless it's what you make and always give to the same people just because...this way we could give those people something different this year.Also a great lesson for those of us with kids.
    My recipes I shall never tell [​IMG] my ingredients are always listed.
    Another thing would be shipping..those of us that ship soap and candles pay a lot more to ship than say chicken saddles or potholders.Maybe one of the flat rate ship box options? Just throwing that out as an idea.An I have list with the I would like list with other stuff than chickens on it [​IMG]

5. blazingsaddles

blazingsaddles NH Director of Swaps

May 13, 2009
    hooksett NH
    [​IMG] Sounds like a really good idea to me. home made stuff is great [​IMG]

6. Bettacreek

Jan 7, 2009
    Central Pennsyltucky
    HBuehler, that's exactly what I was thinking. We could mix up our gift giving, but not get crazy with cash. Maybe we could do one of those pay it forward chains as well? That would give us a chance to choose what we really want, and it would give us a chance to get more than one gift, or even a gift for ourselves, lol.

7. thechickenchick

thechickenchick Born city, Living country

Mar 8, 2008
    Eaton, Colorado
    I think this is a perfect holiday idea! I will be watching this thread, ready to join in!

8. Bettacreek

Jan 7, 2009
    Central Pennsyltucky
    Alright, I started a "push it forward" chain as well. We'll still do this if everyone is interested, just to give more options.

9. BellaBird

BellaBird New Egg

Oct 29, 2009
    i would be interested

10. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    [​IMG]
    Quote:

Thread Status: