Homemade Waterer/feeder ideas?

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by lizi.beth915, Aug 14, 2011.

1. lizi.beth915

lizi.beth915 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 6, 2011
    Harford County, MD
    My girls are using those plastic half gallon feeder/waterer things with the red bottoms that you get from the feed store right now. But I'm getting tired of refilling it twice a day && it seems like I'm constantly picking stuff out of them since they sit on the ground. I looked in the store for the bigger size, but I really don't want to pay 25$ ++ a piece for them... so does anyone have any simple, inexpensive waterer/feeder ideas?

Thanks,
    Liz.

2. DawnCols

DawnCols Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 17, 2010
    There's a post on here about that here

3. lizi.beth915

lizi.beth915 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 6, 2011
    Harford County, MD
    Ahh!! That's perfect! Thank you!

4. KDK1

KDK1 Chillin' With My Peeps

lizi.beth915 :

My girls are using those plastic half gallon feeder/waterer things with the red bottoms that you get from the feed store right now. But I'm getting tired of refilling it twice a day && it seems like I'm constantly picking stuff out of them since they sit on the ground. I looked in the store for the bigger size, but I really don't want to pay 25$ ++ a piece for them... so does anyone have any simple, inexpensive waterer/feeder ideas?

Thanks,
    Liz.

Look at my page... both are cheap to make and both are very efficient.​

5. BellevueOmlet

BellevueOmlet Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    I have had a lot of problems with the bigger feeders, I would recommend you use waterer cups connected to a 5 gallon bucket. It will make things much easier and be a lot smoother.

[​IMG]

6. Gallo del Cielo

Gallo del Cielo La Gallina Resort & Spa

May 6, 2010
    Tucson
    My Coop

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by