Homeowners and chickens??

Wendy Bird

In the Brooder
Apr 21, 2020
Sooo half way done coop and husband reads something about homeowners dropping you if you have chickens!! Anyone deal with this before? This is absolutely absurd!! If it were up to be I would go ahead but my husband is by the book and not a rule breaker at all!😐
He’s calling our agent in the morning but I was so excited to get my chickens and now it may not happen at all!!😭😭😭.. Any input about this subject?
* We are in Southern NJ

I had called mine and let them know that I had another structure on the property (didn’t increase the price or anything) and now my coop is also insured at value ($2.5k)

*Southeastern AZ though so not sure if it’s the same up there

I hope it’s not a big deal but I guess we will find out for sure directly from the company...it’s just absurd to me that an insurance company would have a problem with a few chickens. Idk

I didn’t think of that! I don’t plan on having electric out there. Hope that makes a difference!

No it won’t really... because your insurance company doesn’t have any way to verify that on a day by day basis (and sadly they won’t just take your word for it normally)

I know when I moved into my house and the agent came out to inspect he actually wanted to see inside my coop, its small too only 6x7, and counted my chickens. I thought it was a little weird. I don't think they will drop you though. The company insured me with no problems and I do not believe they charged me more for the chickens.

Back
Top Bottom