Homers

RingedTeal

Crowing
12 Years
Jun 9, 2011
Georgiana,Alabama
Hey everyone I was thinking about getting into Homers. Maybe for releases, but mostly just to show off to my family. I was wanting Whites, but color doesn't matter. I was also hoping someone could point me in the right direction or sell me some. I'm located in Alabama. And also are there solid Black Homers.

Last edited:
I have 2 squeakers and 1 hen racers from my bosses hay barn. And I was wondering if the hen bird would mate with a different cock bird after her mate was taken by a hawk.

I got into Homers for releases. We call them "Rock Doves" so people aren't offended by the word "pigeon." People are so ridiculous sometimes.

The wedding business didn't... excuse the pun... take off like I had hoped. We actually do more funerals than anything and that's terribly depressing. It is a beautiful service, though. Everyone grieves in their own way, and I imagine that the birds bring a lot of peace and spirituality to the funeral.

I was a teenager when I started it, so now with my own home and family, the birds remain at my parents' house and they keep them. They do sell squeakers every year, but I don't know if shipping would be cost effective for you.

Even without the release business making money, there are always people looking to buy the snow white birds. They pay for their own food just by reproducing. It's absolutely worth it. Plus, it's awesome to see a flock of white birds circling my parents' house around feeding time.

I got into Homers for releases. We call them "Rock Doves" so people aren't offended by the word "pigeon." People are so ridiculous sometimes.

The wedding business didn't... excuse the pun... take off like I had hoped. We actually do more funerals than anything and that's terribly depressing. It is a beautiful service, though. Everyone grieves in their own way, and I imagine that the birds bring a lot of peace and spirituality to the funeral.

I was a teenager when I started it, so now with my own home and family, the birds remain at my parents' house and they keep them. They do sell squeakers every year, but I don't know if shipping would be cost effective for you.

Even without the release business making money, there are always people looking to buy the snow white birds. They pay for their own food just by reproducing. It's absolutely worth it. Plus, it's awesome to see a flock of white birds circling my parents' house around feeding time.
It's sooo frustrating when people call pigeons "flying rats". f
Pigeons are so pretty! I have Birmingham Rollers and West of Englands.

Last edited:
It's sooo frustrating when people call pigeons "flying rats".
Pigeons are so pretty! I have Birmingham Rollers and West of Englands.
My sentiments exactly; the equrivialent of the Victoria Cross".[1][2][3] The PDSA Dickin Medal was awarded 54 times between 1943 and 1949 – to 32 pigeons, 18 dogs, three horses, and one cat – to acknowledge actions of gallantry or devotion during the Second World War, and subsequent conflicts.

The PDSA Dickin Medal (obverse)​
Awarded for​
Conspicuous gallantry or devotion to duty while serving in military conflict.
Country​
United Kingdom

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom