Homesteading

I used to live with on again and off again water..... I usually had electric though.

So I hauled water. The town I live close to has free water for hauling at the grocery store.

Most of my heat, then and now is wood.

No way! You want to live that way? I would do solar energy and a well with a composting toilet.

I am more of a fan of a good old fashioned outhouse. Much less expensive and they can't break down.

Ditto with a wood stove verses some kind of solar powered heater and cooker.

Back when I considered being completely off grid, I really thought that the easiest (fewest parts that would break as well most reliable and the lowest start-up cost) was water power.

Also, work really hard on a proper house plan.... Something that doesn't loose heat or get too hot.

I liked being able to haul drinking water, and use creek water and rain water for everything else. Of course, if you boil it first you can drink whatever water.

All these people spending oodles of money to live off grid, that are set up like the Taj Mahal, I find a bit odd.

You want to make sure your sewage doesn't leach and get in the ponds or creek though!

Back
Top Bottom