Homing Pigeon Information/Groups

Discussion in 'Pigeons and Doves' started by FeatheredObsessions, Jul 21, 2011.

1. FeatheredObsessions

FeatheredObsessions Chillin' With My Peeps

May 24, 2010
    Oregon
    I was wondering if anyone had any good suggestions for a book on Homing Pigeons and / or a Homer Specific forum?

Thank you as always!

2. cochinGurl

cochinGurl Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2010
    bellingham
  3. FeatheredObsessions

FeatheredObsessions Chillin' With My Peeps

May 24, 2010
    Oregon
    Thank you. Will let them know [​IMG] Heck.... probably peek myself. Thank you!

4. Mary Of Exeter

Mary Of Exeter Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2009
    Rowan County, NC
    Yes, I definitely recommend pigeon talk. We are pretty active but you have to remember it's a pigeon forum, whereas here there are pigeon, dove, chicken, geese, duck, quail, pheasant, hobbies, barnyard animals, etc. So there's a ton more active members on BYC. But that's expected. However, as far as just the pigeons and doves section here, Pigeon-Talk is much more active and informative. Probably the majority of the people on PT (including myself) have homers, race them, or have had homers/racers in the past. There is a specific section of the forum just for homers/racers.

As for books, there's a ton of them out there. I don't have any homer books so I can't really recommend anything. The Flying Vet's Guide to Pigeon Health & Maintenance is a good book. Covers diseases, parasites, medications, and other stuff to do with keeping your birds healthy and in good shape. It also covers breeding, young bird and old bird racing and things you should try to prevent during those seasons. So in a sense, it is both a health/pigeon care book and a homer/racer book.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by