Homozygous White Showgirl Roo!!! Proven breeder and beautiful! $25

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by burntumber, Jul 31, 2008.

1. burntumber

burntumber Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2008
    I have a fabulous (he agrees) Showgirl Rooster for sale. He's white, 11th generation, and homozygous which means you will get Showgirls when he's crossed with a straight Silkie hen- and you will get Showgirls and may get homozygous Showgirls when bred to a heterozygous Showgirl hen.

In other words- a homozygous roo is your best bet for hatching Showgirl chicks. [​IMG]

These are the colors I've come to expect when crossing his father (spitting image of him), a white roo, with various colored hens:
    Partridge hen- mostly partridge chicks
    Black or blue hen- mostly blue chicks
    White hen- white chicks
    Buff hen- splash or buff chicks

The reason I'm selling: He's related to most of my hens at this point and I'm running out of options of where to put him. He's produced partridge chicks with a few partridge hens up to this point. I'm getting out of the partridge color and focusing on blues.

He has five toes on each foot with a tiny nub on one toe that may be the vestige of a sixth toe. I doubt it would be passed on to the chicks if he's bred to a hen with five toes. But I wanted to mention it. He has nice dark skin and wonderful feathering on his feet. Tight, tight wings and a short back! This is hard to find in Showgirls!

I'm selling him for $25 FIRM.

Email for pics. [email protected]

I charge exact shipping + $12 for shipping crate, bedding, and jello prepared with electrolytes and chopped fruit. Although none of my birds have arrived in anything less than prime condition, I no longer ship west of the Mississippi since one young rooster got lost in the mail for three days on his way to Oregon. (He was fine- though annoyed, I sure!)

Paypal accepted, as well as check and M.O. Local pick up welcome.

2. MrsCountryChick

MrsCountryChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2008
    PA
    Quote:I'm sure he'll be gone in a flash. [​IMG] He sounds like a Great Roo. How creative of you to prepare "special" food for your birds. & to have one survive a ~Detour~ in his Shipping & be okay.... [​IMG] ....Wow. Alot of eggs packaged well are scrambled in shipping, Poor Bird bet he was upset. [​IMG] lol

3. burntumber

Mar 26, 2008
    Thanks, MrsCountryChick! [​IMG] Yeah, that poor little guy probably has claustraphobia, now! LOL! Boy, was I upset with the postal service! How can you just LOSE a live animal! Grrr!

I love your avatar pic!

4. NewChickenMom

NewChickenMom Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2008
    Omaha, NE
    is he still available?

5. burntumber

Mar 26, 2008
    I'm sorry, no.

I do have a few youngsters for sale, though. Send me your email addy if you'd like to see pics. [​IMG]

6. tinners204

tinners204 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 12, 2008
    Iowa
    What do you have in youngsters for sale? I just hatched showgirl eggs and would like some different blood when they get older. Sounds like you have some good lines. Please let me know what you have for sale. Thanks. Dennis

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by