Honestly $1.27 a pullet!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by silverfilly, Feb 27, 2009.

1. silverfilly

silverfilly Peepin N' Cheepin

Jan 25, 2008
    Kansas
    So mom and I went to the big town to shop today and I made her stop at the farm store, I was looking over all the babys that had just came in and tring to decide, I have tons of eggs in the bator and 2 chick orders that will arive in April but I wanted 1 NOW!

Then I get to the end with a big tank with week old chicks in it, as im standing there a lady comes by with a 50% off sign and sticks it on there, they were brown leghorns, BR and NHR and all pullets, I came home with 12, I sure wish I would have cleaned them out at that price..lol.

And of course the "new" chicks were just so darn cute I kept looking, they had some Polish, So I had to get 2 of them for my mixed flock. here are pics of the chicks and a pick of one of the polish, this one has a black dot right on its forhead.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Daycare Mom

Daycare Mom Chickens, Cuddly and Delicious

Apr 9, 2008
    Conklin, Michigan
    I am a sucker for a good deal! I would have done the same thing! They are very cute!

3. toletiquesbysam

toletiquesbysam Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2008
    Nebraska
    Wow, our farm stores don't even have them yet and your towns already discounting them?!!?! Lucky You!!!! [​IMG]

4. scgamecock

scgamecock Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2008
    Conway SC
    My TSC has had them all winter.

5. citalk2much

citalk2much Twilight Blessings Farm

Dec 22, 2008
    GR MI: TN bound!
    They are to sweet

6. AussieSharon

AussieSharon Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 18, 2007
    Virginia
    wow my local feestore charged $2.99 last year for straight run cornish X chicks. Awesome deal.

7. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Good deal, but the BR in the lower right corner looks like a cockerel. Could be a butch pullet or a sexing mistake.

8. mommathea

mommathea Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2009
    LUCKY! After loosing one this afternoon I'm wanting to run to the feed store. Fortunatly for my dh they won't be getting any in for almost a month. By that time....

9. gabrielle1976

gabrielle1976 Overrun With Chickens

Feb 21, 2009
    Columbia river gorge
    Good deal , I spent 2.95 on my RIR and BR and 4.95 on my wee silkie and thats only with the 90% chance of females

10. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    Such a deal. I would have gotten them too. Beautiful babies. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by