Honestly- loose air cell??

klf73

Mad Scientist
14 Years
Jun 1, 2008
Maine
I want to know how many people have actually had a chick develop in a loose air cell. I have had 0. I just got a batch of eggs and 5 out of the 20 have loose air cells, kinda funny how that worked cuz I was only supposed to get 15
wink.png
. So the extras had me break even. Bator space is very valuable right now and I don't want to bother putting these 5 eggs in if there is 0% chance they will develop. I would think the trauma that caused the loose cell would have damaged the egg enough to not develop. I am not talking about saddle cells, I am talking about the air cell just goes top to bottom, or whichever way you hold the egg.

So has anyone had a complete loose cell ever develop?

Thanks!

i've never had any develp, ever. if the bubble isn't attached at all, throw it out. if it is fixed but moves around a little from the top fixed point, leave it in. i've had at least a dozen of these eggs hatch.

It sounds like the air cell has burst, not loosened. If the air sac has burst, then the chick wouldnt have anything to break into to takes its first breath and would drown in the shell. But since the air sac is popped, most likely the yolk is also scrambled, so It wont develop.

Back
Top Bottom