Honey Bees in my house!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by willowcol, Apr 9, 2009.

1. willowcol

willowcol Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2008
    Macclesfield NC
    Ok I love honey bees and know they are important, but everytime for the past week I open my sliding glass door I get 4-5 honey bees in my house. I must have nest/hive whatever they live in near my house and I don't know what to do. I wonder how to figure out where they are coming from and how you would go about finding someone that might come and get them. I know some people raise them to take from farm to farm. Anyone ever had to do this, or anyone know how to go about finding where they are coming from.

2. lil'chickies

lil'chickies Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2009
    West Texas
    I have a cousin that does bee keeping. He removes them from people's places and has hives set up that he rehomes them in. I had three hives in our house at one time that he took care of. One under the house under one of the bath tubs, one in the attic, and a huge one in our pump house. Maybe you can find someone in your area to figure out where they are and rehome them. You will know if they are in the house. You would hear a constant buzzing, very unsettling. Like you I know they are needed, just not in the house. Good luck to you. Oh, to find out where they are coming from, watch them in the evening. They go back to the hive at dark.

3. Ridgerunner

Ridgerunner Chicken Obsessed

Feb 2, 2009
    Northwest Arkansas
    Call your county extension agent. I am sure you have a local bee association and he can get you in touch with them. If you have a hive you don't want, somebody is on a waiting list to come out and get them. Just ask for a few jars of honey this summer or fall in return and they'll be ecstatic to get the bees that cheaply. Hives are going for more than $100 here.

4. willowcol

willowcol Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2008
    Macclesfield NC
    Thanks for the info [​IMG] I will definately look for them this evening then.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by