Honey Bees

A friend of mine raises honeybees in the heart of Philly...I would love to raise them. I need to read a lot more before I dive into it.

I would love to have honey bees too, but my allergy would mean probable death if I was stung.....
sad.png

I have one hive in the yard. Two more on the way in the next month and I have managed to get the mother-in-law one too. The bees are great and my garden has never looked better. Then again it is spring for me now. I have heard of hives in many urban areas all around the world. I am just lucky that here in Oz we do not need to worry about too many diseases. The more people that get bee hives the better for food production all around the world. EVERYONE who even has a small space should have them.

I have often thought I'd love to have a beehive because I enjoy watching the bees, they would be good for the garden, and they are so important to our environment and food supply. Unfortunately, I don't want to do to the work to get the honey out! lol If I could just leave the hive and it be ok with me never emptying the honey, I would not mind having one around.

Quote:
Beekeepers in PA should consider joining The Pennsylvania Backyard Beekeepers Association . It is a newly established Non-profit Association and a great group of Backyard Beekeepers with programs directed toward Backyard Beekeeping. If you are interested in joining contact me for more details. You don't need to be a PA resident to join!

I will share this with my friend if he hasn't already joined! Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom