Honey - there's a chicken knocking on the door!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by annaraven, Jan 1, 2011.

1. annaraven

annaraven Born this way

Apr 15, 2010
    SillyCon Valley
    Sitting here, we heard knocking at the patio door. I go look and there's Buffy knocking on the door! Of course, the best way to get her to leave is to try to take a photo.

2. Chicken Frenzie

Chicken Frenzie Chicken Whisperer

Nov 2, 2010
    [​IMG] Cute!

3. ChickensAreSweet

ChickensAreSweet Heavenly Grains for Hens

Hahaha!! It is such a thrill, isn't it to hear the little ones knocking on the door?

Our used to peck (knock) at our front door too. Until my hubby had had enough of the poo and mentioned it might be nice if the big chickens weren't allowed to free range anymore (the banties don't go very far). [​IMG]

4. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    I love when the dominant hen knocks at the door while the others are waiting at the bottom step.

5. annaraven

annaraven Born this way

Apr 15, 2010
    SillyCon Valley
    She came back and did it again - and I got a photo this time.

[​IMG]

Then I went to get the BOSS and had all three Big Girls eating out of my hand.

6. Judy

Judy Moderator Staff Member

Feb 5, 2009
    South Georgia
    They arrange themselves on my back porch steps, waiting for treats. No knocking, yet. Don't tell them about knocking.....

7. annaraven

annaraven Born this way

Apr 15, 2010
    SillyCon Valley
    Quote:Yep - that's just what they were doing too...

8. jojo54

jojo54 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2009
    BC Canada
    Too cute! Lulu is the only one who has access to the door. She doesn't knock but she sits on the top step when she figures one of us need cuddling [​IMG] or if she's been out long enough. [​IMG] In the winter, she's a house chicken but when it's nice she's out all day. [​IMG]

9. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

When I was younger we had a lone survivor of a raccoon attack that we let sleep in the house at night in a basket to catch droppings. When night would come, he would knock on the door with his beak. Then if nobody got him, he'd start clawing on the door... then jumping against the door... then clawing, jumping, and horrid screaming noises at the door... till we let him in. In the morning he would crow and crow standing on the edge of his basket till we put him outside.

10. True Grit

True Grit Chillin' With My Peeps

Chickens are so cute when they're training their humans..[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by