Honey's first big girl outing!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by NewToFarming, Jan 3, 2011.

1. NewToFarming

NewToFarming Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2010
    Millersburg, PA
    It was much warmer this past weekend than what it had been so I thought it would be a good time to take my blind youngster outside to mingle with the bigger guys. I have been keeping her inside with the chicks and the kids are driving her nuts! [​IMG]

At first she was kind of scared of course but then settled right in. Here are some pics of the original group I had gotten her with. It really was like she has never been separated from them and all my other chickens did well with her also. I am not ready to try her in the coop as of yet. I might give it a try when these next group of chicks are ready for the coop. I have a silkie/leghorn mix (I think it is a little roo) and another little silkie girl that had spraddle leg that really keeps an eye on her. So, I might give it a try then. It seems like she enjoyed it but she is back in with the youngsters again.

Honey is very sweet, laid back & loves to snuggle. I think she is getting spoiled! [​IMG]

She is the splash in the very front standing up

[​IMG]

These next 2 pics, she is on the left of the group

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Awwwww. Thats great they are getting along. Makes it a lot easier too. [​IMG]

3. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Cute! [​IMG]

4. terrilhb

terrilhb Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 11, 2010
    Georgia
    Adorable

5. NewToFarming

Apr 28, 2010
    Millersburg, PA
    Thanks!
    She has quickly become my favorite! She is the most gentlest chicken I have ever seen. She is also starting to throw temper tantrums when I put her down after holding her. LOL She loves to be held.

6. frankenchick

frankenchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2007
    Benton Twp., Michigan
    You need one of those "birdie backpacks" I saw on Animal Planet's Your Pet Wants This Too.

7. NewToFarming

Apr 28, 2010
    Millersburg, PA
    I didn't see this. What is it?

8. chickensoap

chickensoap Out Of The Brooder

Jan 4, 2011
    I love those little chicken. [​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 5, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by