Hongjun Craft Wood Industry Co. Coops?

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Frundette, Jan 16, 2013.

1. Frundette

Frundette Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2012
    NC
    I'd really like to add a few Guinea Fowl this year and have been exploring coop options. (My chickens are in a tractor style coop that's definitely not big enough to house both the chickens and the guineas)

I noticed some reasonably priced coops on ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Large-Wood-...969?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c2f4ea6e1

[​IMG]

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Large-Wood-...685?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c2f4eb94d

[​IMG]

Does anyone have any experience with these coops made by Hongjun Craft Wood Industry Co.? Are they flimsy?

Last edited: Jan 16, 2013
  2. CMYates

CMYates Out Of The Brooder

Nov 29, 2012
    There's a guinea forum here. Post there and you'll get some answers.

3. Frundette

Frundette Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2012
    NC
    I'll try there too... but thought it was probably more likely someone had used these coops for chickens and might know of their quality. :)

4. Eggsoteric

Eggsoteric Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 25, 2010
    Maryland
    From what I've heard, one of the biggest complaints about these coops is leakage. If it were me, I'd keep looking.

5. RWD

RWD Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 2, 2011
    Wartrace TN.
    If it sounds like chinese.......it probably is. If you buy from a local coop maker, you help feed his children, help the local economy, help the local school system, help by creating a local job, help by allowing local merchants sell him materials, etc. etc. etc.. JMHO

6. Hokum Coco

Hokum Coco Overrun With Chickens

Dec 6, 2012
    New Brunswick,Canada
    A lot of these coops look good from far; Far from looking good; As a lot of members may attest. They are usually photographed to put them out of scale (no reference point given) also they are sometimes built with little to no integrity with shoddy materials that may have to be reinforced and renovated over time. Buyer be Ware (you only get what you pay for).

Last edited: Jan 18, 2013

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by