HONOLULU - free hatching eggs! TODAY ONLY!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Wynette, May 16, 2011.

1. Wynette

Wynette Moderator Staff Member

Sep 25, 2007
    Michigan
    Folks, I sent a small, Priority box of Silver Penciled Plymouth Rock hatching eggs to member birdbrain5 - shipped out to North Carolina on Wednesday, expected delivery was Saturday.

Well....long story short, they are in Honolulu! Zip 96820, phone (808) 423-3917.

Delivery confirmation number is 0310 0480 0000 5770 2120

Anyone in Honolulu interested in hatching these eggies? I seriously doubt there will be takers, but thought it best to give it a try rather than wasting the eggs!

Anyone interested, shoot me a PM.

And.... [​IMG] about the post office. Sigh.............

ETA: I know they aren't perfect - the post office has been great so far for me this year, and I guess I shouldn't complain!

2. pips&peeps

pips&peeps There is no "I" in Ameraucana

Jan 18, 2008
    Newman Lake, WA
    The post office in Hawaii will return them to you if you marked them as hatching eggs if you did not have the proper permits. All boxes usually go through a quarantine facility and are checked......

3. ChooksChick

ChooksChick BeakHouse's Mad Chicken Scientist

Aug 17, 2008
    Larry, KS
    My Coop
    I know there's an Aloha Chickens thread- gotta be some Hawaiians on there!

4. Gypsy07

Gypsy07 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2010
    Glasgow, Scotland
    What a weird mistake for the post office to make. I really hope your eggs find their way to an incubator...

5. Wynette

Sep 25, 2007
    Michigan
    I never mark my boxes as "hatching eggs" or "embryos" or anything like that, Jean - I find that it often is taken as an invitation of sorts to some postal workers, so I just use "this end up - fragile" stickers on each side. Sigh....

Thanks, Chooks - I'll find it quickly!

6. Wynette

Sep 25, 2007
    Michigan
    Quote:Yea, the guy at the post office this morning, when I checked in with them directly, said he'd never seen a Priority box go THAT far off the beaten track! Oh well. Not much I can do now, but hope they make their way to a bator! [​IMG] I know the chances are slim, but I HAD to try!

7. pips&peeps

pips&peeps There is no "I" in Ameraucana

Jan 18, 2008
    Newman Lake, WA
    Well, they will probably forward them on today to the correct address... [​IMG]

8. ChooksChick

ChooksChick BeakHouse's Mad Chicken Scientist

Aug 17, 2008
    Larry, KS
    My Coop
    Quote:It's kind of a long shot, since the OP is in AZ, but here are all the HI members. Maybe you know one or more?

9. FOGELLY

FOGELLY Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 25, 2010
    Arkansas
    I see this member on the Ameraucana thread.
    They live in Hawaii.
    Christie Rhae

10. Debbi

Debbi Overrun With Chickens

May 2, 2010
    Missouri
    Quote:It's kind of a long shot, since the OP is in AZ, but here are all the HI members. Maybe you know one or more?

I believe the OP is in Michigan. Heck Wynette, if they are in Hawaii, by the time they send them back, they will be half way incubated! [​IMG] What a cluster-muss!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by