1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Honoring Agnes and Peggy.

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by aubreynoramarie, Jul 9, 2011.

1. aubreynoramarie

aubreynoramarie designated lawn flamingo

May 27, 2010
    Reno, Nevada
    I lost two girls this week and they are the first pets I have ever lost. It was really hard for me and it just seemed wrong to bury them and have that be that. Agnes died a slow death and Peggy was killed by something. Both girls I did everything I could for.

Anyway, I made these and put them at the sites that my girls are buried. It makes me feel better when I look in the backyard to see these in the ground. It's a good way to remember them. I'm no artist or anything, but I did my best an I think the likenesses are pretty close.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Have you done anything special for the ones you've lost?

2. ShelterGirl

ShelterGirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2011
    That is so beautiful! I want to do something special for my rooster I lost, Carl. Right now it's just marked off where he is. =/ I was thinking of a little cross with his name and a little painting of his face on it

3. jjthink

jjthink Overrun With Chickens

Jan 17, 2007
    New Jersey
    I'm very sorry to hear about Agnes and Peggy [​IMG]
    JJ

4. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

So sorry about your girls, but those are quite special markers for them.

5. ouracrybaby

ouracrybaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2011
    Wellsburg
    I am an artist, and I have to say you did a beautiful job. Now I'm gonna have to make one for little Nuggets grave!

6. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Those memorials are beautiful!! I'm so sorry you lost your babies. [​IMG]

7. Darlasmum

Darlasmum Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2009
    La Crescenta, CA
    SS to hear your girls are gone. Your plaques are wonderful tributes. [​IMG]

8. Miyashi

Miyashi Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2011
    Gaylord, MI
    Those are beautiful!
    I'm sorry about your girls, but it's very apparent that you loved them a great deal!
    You say you are no artist, but those are great.

I painted a nice rock for the BR chick I lost, "his" name was Beepers...Tractor Supply was going to take him in the back and have one of the guys stomp on him...so I took him home and tried to help....He spent four days with me...I was up all night with him. Still paranoid about him crying even after he passed. I didn't get much sleep. He didn't die alone though...he was wrapped up in my scarf which I think he loved....so I buried him with that and made him a very nice rock memorial thing. I'm still working on the rock for Penelope and the Silkie Ameracauna X that didn't make it....I always try to save the weak chicks...I'm always worried that someone else won't even try.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2011
  9. benjoycei

benjoycei Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2011
    Wilmington
    Quote:very nice

10. aubreynoramarie

aubreynoramarie designated lawn flamingo

May 27, 2010
    Reno, Nevada
    I unfortunately had to make a third one tonight. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I have been searching high and low for a polish pullet to add to my flock. I just found this girl this morning. She is honestly the sweetest chicken I have ever met. She just wanted to be around the people o the house. She came inside and jumped back and forth from my and my roomates knees. When I went outside she was right at my feet immediately. Made me realize why I wanted a polish so bad in the first place, and why I never gave up in finding one.

Within six hours of having and falling in love with this tiny girlie, I walked out back to check on her because I saw the back door had gotten left open. I found my dog on top of her. She was bleeding from her eyes. I had to hold her close to me as she flopped about and suffocated on her own internal bleeding. I think I'm the one who left the door open. I really hope this guilt goes away soon because I am already exhauste from all the death.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by