hooded merganser

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Wolrep, Dec 7, 2013.

1. Wolrep

Wolrep Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 29, 2012
    Dose anyone here have them in there collection? I seen some recently in someone's private collection and I fell in love with them. How do you say they are personality wise and how well do they do with other ducks? I would really like to get a pair but I have been unable to locate any. If you have some for sale feel free to post here or message me. Shipping is not a issue with me.

Also is there anyone here from central Florida that has some wood ducks for sale please message me.

2. jetdog

jetdog Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2013
    Massachusetts
    [​IMG]
    This is my hoodie, very common around here.

3. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    I'm thinking you'd be better off on the ornamental thread asking about these breeds.. https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/46/ornamental-fowl-swans-etc

4. a79hilton

a79hilton New Egg

Jan 13, 2014
    Sulphur,La 70665
    Do you have Hooded Mergansers? If so can you contact me via text 337-563-8389 Im looking for a drake old enough to mate this spring thank you

5. muscovy man14

muscovy man14 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2013
    Sulphur,Louisiana
    Worley mallard lane farms have hoodies available October through January you could buy from them but you would have to wait a while

6. a79hilton

a79hilton New Egg

Jan 13, 2014
    Sulphur,La 70665
    Hoodies will be available soon but they won't be breeder age unless I get lucky. However, I found a young pair from Mike Poelvoorde in Wisconsin. I'll have my own hoodies soon 1 drake & 3 hens now. If you need hoodies let me know

7. muscovy man14

muscovy man14 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2013
    Sulphur,Louisiana
    I will very soon actually I just bought my first pair of wood ducks and I love them. But soon I'll be digging a 50x30 pond and a 60x60 pen I'll be stocking the pond with lots of little fish cus I know hoodies need extra protein plus it'll give them a chance to catch there own food I'll be buying lots of exotics like Australian black swans ruddy ducks and maned geese

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by