Hook Latch Rug Framing

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by OldGuy43, Jan 20, 2012.

1. OldGuy43

OldGuy43 Chillin' With My Peeps

More of a necessity than a hobby. OldGal got into making hook latch rugs and decided she wanted one framed to hang. Than we found out how much framing costs. :( Bought a miter box and a back saw and now they get framed. Not as pretty as from the professionals, but they don't look bad. She even sold a couple and they seem happy with the frame.

2. m.kitchengirl

m.kitchengirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2011
    Maine
    I just ordered the kit for my first attempt at hooking rugs.
    I'm starting small, but would like to use photo shop to take favorite pics of my ducks and make a small rug of the trio walking in a row, foraging, etc. I have some great printer paper that irons patterns on, so it doesn't matter that I can't draw any better than a 4 year old.
    It is very exciting, I love fiber arts.

How does your OldGal like it?
    Did you build her rug hooking frame? I have been looking at them online & it seems like, if I weren't the world's worst shop student, they would be easy to build.

3. OldGuy43

OldGuy43 Chillin' With My Peeps

Can't comment on this idea. I know that there are some online sites that claim to be able to do it, but from the previews the colors don't seem to come out right.

OldGal's response, "Oh, I like it! It's relaxing, to me."

She doesn't have or want one. She just uses a folding card table. As for you being the "world's worst shop student" I seriously doubt that. I'm the kid who, in grade school industrial arts class spent the whole semester making a sanding block 2 years running. =D

4. m.kitchengirl

m.kitchengirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2011
    Maine
    Quote: I am mostly just looking for the lines. Will probably remove all the color in Photo Shop. The ducks are black & white, probably makes it easier to do than if I ANY other breed of duck. [​IMG]

When I was in drama club I volunteered to help build sets. After an hour they asked if I could sew. From that point on I did costumes for the plays, but they refused to let me build sets ever again. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by