Hoop Coop HAS BEGUN 5/4/9

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Zahboo, May 4, 2009.

1. Zahboo

Zahboo Simply Stated

Feb 3, 2009
    Hope Mills, NC
    It has began! *insert evil laugh here. The chicken village will continue [​IMG] I am no longer in the denial phase, I need to get a sign make for the gate [​IMG]

So anyway, for you guys who don't care about the chicken village thing and just want to see pictures, here ya go. It is 6'x7'. It was going to be 8'x6', but instead of buying new wood, I just used what was available and only had 1 board that was 8'. Here is a link that shows the plans. https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=175007 So... [​IMG]

This is the base frame. It's just like in the plans, 2 4x4s and 2 2x4s. I didn't have any screws, so I used nails [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Angel likes it too
    [​IMG]

I know it's not a lot YET, but it is coming along

Last edited: May 4, 2009
  2. patyrdz

patyrdz The Madd Hatcher

Feb 26, 2009
    Southern Pines, NC
    YAY! That's a good start!! Can't wait till you come do mine!![​IMG] Angel is getting sooo big and as cute as ever!!![​IMG]

3. Zahboo

Zahboo Simply Stated

Feb 3, 2009
    Hope Mills, NC
    She looks good in that picture since she just got out of bath a few hours ago. She wouldn't let me blow dry her though

4. Suburban chick farmer 09

Suburban chick farmer 09 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2009
    St. Louis MO
    I see you've admitted you have a problem, that's the first step to recovery. [​IMG]

5. Zahboo

Zahboo Simply Stated

Feb 3, 2009
    Hope Mills, NC
    One step at a time [​IMG]
    I can't wait to get PVC pipe. I called and they said it's only 1.29 a piece for .5in x10'. THis isn't UV protected, but I planned to paint the stuff. If I really like it then I'll move out the other coops and make more of these [​IMG]

6. Scoop

Scoop Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 16, 2009
    Central PA
    I really do have to quit looking at other people's coops or I'll end up in the same boat! [​IMG]

On the other hand, I could get some great ideas!

Can't wait to see your coop as it progresses! (what else is there to do on a rainy night but look at other people's coop building, right?) [​IMG]

7. Zahboo

Zahboo Simply Stated

Feb 3, 2009
    Hope Mills, NC
    Well I am hoping to get PVC pipes on Wednesday night. We have to work with moms work schedule you know. If I can't get any then, I will just paint the pase. I think I'm doing to paint it dark green, so it will blend with the grass. I already have forest green exterior paint [​IMG]

8. lunkerchicken

lunkerchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Great start - keep us posted!

9. Zahboo

Zahboo Simply Stated

Feb 3, 2009
    Hope Mills, NC
    Thanks I plan on it. I hope that a friend of mine joins in soon!

10. Beths_husband

Beths_husband New Egg

May 4, 2009
    i am actually building something very similar, and i was thinking, since i plan on moving it around my yard, and my yard is not all that flat, that i would put the chicken wire under the base as well, so that nothing digs in (or out). I figure that they can still get to the ground.

any feedback?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by