Hoop Coop Ideas/Pics?

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by that_crazy_lady, Dec 16, 2009.

1. that_crazy_lady

that_crazy_lady Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 13, 2008
    Rose, OK
    I tryed the search and did not come up with much

So what is your Hoop Coop made of? Size? Other detales, ideas?
    should I use wood or PVC for the framing?

I have a 18' x 4' pool fram that I'm going to make a hoop coop from, or two maybe? I have some felt to line the bottom with and hang for a door, they use it at sheet rock plants, I also have cattle/hog panles on hand and a few odds and ends of wire fenceing

Part of the trouble is I don't know what birds I should use it for yet. for right now I have 4 Delawares, 2 roos, 2 hens, then a laying flock of 5 EE and RIRs. I'll be getting some more layers 2-6, more Dels, a flock of sebrights and OEGBs, and 6-8 silkies/chochins.
    I could put it together like one coop, then have a run on both ends, devide the inside with wire to keep my Dels in. the birds I have now are in an 8x8 coop with run, I think the layers will stay there. I'll be put the bantams in pairs and trios for breeding, and I can't think of a good way to use the pool from for that....

2. chickeydee

chickeydee Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2009
    I have not built one ,but have seen them on a site and they are very nice . They use 2x6 on the frame and 2x4 on the top with the pvc going throught it .I will find it for you if I can

3. chickeydee

chickeydee Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2009
  4. Overeasyplz

Overeasyplz Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2009
    Leesburg
    Quote:See, I like this one, it is kinda neat looking and not at all what you'd expect a chicken coop to look like. i think this summer I am gonna build a similar reproduction lol

5. that_crazy_lady

Nov 13, 2008
    Rose, OK
    wow I had not seen any that looked like that! thats sharp...thats the shape I had in mind [​IMG]

6. buglit

buglit Out Of The Brooder

Jan 14, 2009
    Hendersonville, NC
    I purchased the plans for the stagecoach. Haven't built it yet. Although I only ordered the written plans, they sent me the CD along with the plans for the auto waterer and feeder.. Well detailed plans, looks fairly simple to put togeather, although I haven't started on it yet. Seems easy to make adaptations. Shipping was extremely quick. If this is what your are interested in, I would recommend spending the money on the plans.

7. Duke of Orpington

Duke of Orpington Out Of The Brooder

Dec 12, 2009
    Knoxville, TN
    Quote:Hey, thanks for that feedback on the Stagecoach Tractor! I am considering ordering the plans too, and just this morning dropped them a note with a few questions I have about it. [​IMG]

8. that_crazy_lady

Nov 13, 2008
    Rose, OK
    I don't think I'll be ordering plans. I just tell my brother what to use and how big and he does the rest. the pics are a help though.

9. Chook-A-Holic

Chook-A-Holic Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 5, 2009
    Central, N.C.
    Here's one I've got started on but can't seem to finish because of the rain. I'm further along than the photo's but still have some odds and ends to do. I will be updating the post I started on it when I get it finished.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. chicken stalker

chicken stalker TOS Rocks!

Aug 31, 2008
    Binghamton, NY
    oohh I really like yours. Nice start.....now to convince my husband to make one for me.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by