1. Txpaintgal

Txpaintgal New Egg

May 16, 2010
    I just got 5 Cochin and 5 Aracanas chicks. I've started a hoop coop. I've got the HEAVY cattle panels stapled to a 2x4 on each side. The panels are also zip tied together. Now how do I by MYSELF pull it together??? I do have it next to a tree but it's to heavy to simply pull it up(together)!!! Any tips!!!

2. iwannaduckie

iwannaduckie Out Of The Brooder

Mar 29, 2010
    Grays Creek, NC
    Tie the cattle pannels to a rope(one at a time), and toss the rope over the tree limb if you can, and hoist it up. Good luck!

3. Txpaintgal

Txpaintgal New Egg

May 16, 2010
    I already have them both stapled to the 2x4's and both cable tied together. I do have it next to a tree but no big limbs! Ugggg

4. sashurlow

sashurlow Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 18, 2009
    West Rutland, VT
    I found it easier to make the frame first and then bend the cattle panels. Some lashing held them to the frame while I hammered in fence staples. If you have a partner then use rope to pull them closer. (one rope for each end, loop the rope around the timbers (make a loop on one end the the rope and thread the other end though the loop, like a pulley) and pull them together). Tie off the rope and finish the frame. Make this easier on yourself by attaching the end pieces to one side of the frame first, that way you only have to attach one piece to finish the frame. By the fact that you have multiple cattle panels it is probably much harder to bend them.
    hope this helps,
    scott

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by