1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hoop house coops? *PICS ADDED*

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Lach Cnoc Farm, Apr 19, 2009.

1. Lach Cnoc Farm

Lach Cnoc Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2009
    Western Washington
    I just saw some of these online and was wondering if anyone here has tried them and how they work.

They look like they would make good TEMPORARY coops, but I'm not so sure about permanent..?

They look so simple & easy!!

Opinions anyone?

Here's some pictures, everywhere says theyre made from cattle panels and basic wood framing, and of course plastic of tarps.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 19, 2009
  2. RooptyDoo

RooptyDoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2008
    Illinois
    Have you got a link you could post to the hoop house coops? I don't think I've ever heard of or seen one!

3. Lach Cnoc Farm

Lach Cnoc Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2009
    Western Washington
    Just updated with pics [​IMG]

4. preppy*hippie*chick

preppy*hippie*chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2009
    Centerburg, Ohio
  5. Chicken Fruit

Chicken Fruit Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2009
    Echo Homestead
    Wow. I think i might build something like that. i really like it!

6. CoopCrazy

CoopCrazy Brooder Boss

Mar 3, 2009
    Columbus,IN
    I thought about this for a turkey run... Is it made from fence panels?..The ones i saw where fence panels with rebar running thru the bottom for weight tack down with lawn spikes and boom badda bing youre done... I think these are awesome and would be so easy to care for ..

7. Lizzy_Lane_Farm

Lizzy_Lane_Farm Out Of The Brooder

Apr 18, 2009
    I have been thinking about these all winter. I have lots of cold and snow to worry about. But there is a guy in VT? who has used one of these for a few years now with good luck.http://sugarmtnfarm.com/blog/2006/01/chicken-sunroom-how-to.html

His are made out of cattle panels. I have also seen these used for greenhouses and coop/greenhouse combo...

Karyn

8. Omran

Omran Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2008
    Bagdad KY
    that's really nice. [​IMG]

9. Leah-yes I know I'm crazy

Leah-yes I know I'm crazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2008
    Skidway Lake, MI
    If my hens had all that straw laying around there would be eggs all over the floor. Maybe my girls are just obnoxious.

10. pemphredo

pemphredo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2012
    Aransas Pass texas
    I made a hoop house for my chickens and they LOVE it! I love it too. So nice for my small backyard and my small flock

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by