Hooray! for Chicken Scrubs!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Sparks, May 10, 2008.

1. Sparks

Sparks Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2007
    WI
    I work in a hospital and make my own scrubs. The other day I had on a chicken scrub top and a patient said her sister would love one like that. We visited a bit and I got her sisters phone # and called her and she really loves her chickens too! She only lives about 15 min away and today I came home with 4 Blue Wyandottes!!! Will be 1 yr in July. They are in the new chicken tractor. I greased their legs, sprinkled DE and put a bit of wormer in their H20. Will keep an eye on them for 1 month and add them to the flock. They are on the other side of the shed from the others. GREAT DAY.[​IMG]

2. CathyB

CathyB Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2008
    PA
    Congrats!! Now you need to start selling those scrubs!!

Last edited: May 10, 2008
  3. Lanissa86

Lanissa86 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2008
    San Antonio, TX
    Chicken scrubs!! How cute! I too am in the medical field! I would love to see these scrubs if you can get a pic up! Oh yeah, Congrats on the new chicks!

Last edited: May 10, 2008
  4. bonescrub

bonescrub Out Of The Brooder

May 1, 2008
    South east texas
    3 words "male surgical hats"!!!!

5. Sparks

Aug 10, 2007
    WI
    Sounds like a plan....but wait..gardens...chickens...fun...O.K. no sewing again until fall or a rainy day![​IMG]

6. love-my-wolves

love-my-wolves Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2008
    Front Royal, VA
    I tried to open my own business making scrubs. Big flop. [​IMG] I love to sew, and thought I did a great job, as everyone loves them. Just too many places to get scrubs now a days. Even Family Dollar sells them, for only $7. I was soooo excited about it, too. Here's a pic.
    [​IMG]

7. DuckLady

DuckLady Administrator Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    There is definitely a market for quality handsewn clothing and goods. People who recognize the superiority of your items will buy them if they know about them!

Just keep at it and wear your scrubs. It is the best advertising. Once the bargain hunters thin out, the people you want to sell to will be waiting!

8. Sparks

Aug 10, 2007
    WI
    Very cute!. Good sewing job. You are right..you can buy them cheaper. (Not as cute though). It`s hard to get what they are worth. Time and material. It is great to have unique ones for yourself.[​IMG]

9. Portia

Portia Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 29, 2008
    South Central PA
    That's a great idea. I have made my own scrubs in the past and wear them when I'm doing PRN in a hospital or SNF. I enjoy making my own b/c that way they are definitely going to be original.

10. GlacierNan

GlacierNan Out Of The Brooder

Mar 22, 2008
    Colorado
    Hi Sparks,
    Why do you grease their legs?
    Love the scrubs!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by