Hooray! for Chicken Scrubs!

Sparks

Songster
12 Years
Aug 10, 2007
WI
I work in a hospital and make my own scrubs. The other day I had on a chicken scrub top and a patient said her sister would love one like that. We visited a bit and I got her sisters phone # and called her and she really loves her chickens too! She only lives about 15 min away and today I came home with 4 Blue Wyandottes!!! Will be 1 yr in July. They are in the new chicken tractor. I greased their legs, sprinkled DE and put a bit of wormer in their H20. Will keep an eye on them for 1 month and add them to the flock. They are on the other side of the shed from the others. GREAT DAY.
yippiechickie.gif

Chicken scrubs!! How cute! I too am in the medical field! I would love to see these scrubs if you can get a pic up! Oh yeah, Congrats on the new chicks!

Last edited:
Sounds like a plan....but wait..gardens...chickens...fun...O.K. no sewing again until fall or a rainy day!
tongue.png

I tried to open my own business making scrubs. Big flop.
hit.gif
I love to sew, and thought I did a great job, as everyone loves them. Just too many places to get scrubs now a days. Even Family Dollar sells them, for only $7. I was soooo excited about it, too. Here's a pic.
GEDC0396.jpg

There is definitely a market for quality handsewn clothing and goods. People who recognize the superiority of your items will buy them if they know about them!

Just keep at it and wear your scrubs. It is the best advertising. Once the bargain hunters thin out, the people you want to sell to will be waiting!

Very cute!. Good sewing job. You are right..you can buy them cheaper. (Not as cute though). It`s hard to get what they are worth. Time and material. It is great to have unique ones for yourself.
ep.gif

That's a great idea. I have made my own scrubs in the past and wear them when I'm doing PRN in a hospital or SNF. I enjoy making my own b/c that way they are definitely going to be original.

Back
Top Bottom