Because now finally, for the first time in months, moving the chicken tractor did not result in a chicken tractor disaster If you've been following my troubles, I had the wheels fall off my tractor two moves in a row (three weeks apart; the chickens' task is to take things down to the dirt for us at the moment). Last time this happened, Dad and I bolted them on with six bolts, serious washers, and a lot of crossed fingers. Four weeks passed, partly because I was sick, partly because I was putting things off, then this morning I went to work. I removed the sill on the side of the run that I had been pulling the tractor out through -- I think it had been reaching up and yanking the wheels off while I wasn't looking. I drilled holes in the run frame up near the 4' mark so that I could bolt on a 10' board when the run needed moved. With the whole side of the run off and nothing in the way, I jettisoned all extra weight (like the roof!) from the coop itself, held my breath, and pulled. It moved! And so far as I can tell, the wheel frame didn't so much as budge. And the run was actually EASIER to move by using the ends of the 10' board as handles than it was to use the lawn tractor to shift it -- just get a person on either end, lift, and push. The only real difficulty I had was getting the side of the run back on, because of course there's nothing permanent on that side now to hold the uprights square, so it's a bit of a struggle to get all the bolt holes to line up, but I think I know the trick now. And of course it now requires to people to move it because of the change to the run and needing to take the roof off and on to drop some weight, but that's liveable. So my chickens have fresh grass and I can breath easy for another 3 weeks or so.